Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

Who else is getting sick of this? :S

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Alice in Wonderland, May 29, 2007.

Why can't people on this forum keep their opinions of other forum members to themselves and not attempt to form a mob against certain people? :S I haven't been on this forum for one day and I see at least 4 locked threads about people ripping other people. It's getting very, VERY annoying. If you are all planning to be writers, can't you fathom up a little professionalism, for Christ's sake?

Just remember guys, although you are looking into a computer screen, the people on this forum ARE real. They have feelings and emotions.

Think before you post, please. If someone has said something offensive to someone, don't suddenly bombard them with hate PMs or angry posts. Tell a Moderator. They will get to the bottom of it and if you make a big song and dance out of it, chances are you will be confronted by a mod as well.

Is it worth getting banned to have the last word in an arguement?

Note: I am not naming names, this is a general rant. If you name any names, on your head be it.

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

well said Alice, we are all here for the same thing, to write, and to gain experience about writing. so why all the hatred betwen us? we need to instead of getting at one anothers throats, work together to help everyone become the best that they can be. how much help are people going to get if all we are conserned about is argueing?? it won't help. like Alice said, if you have a problem or something that you want sorting out, don't go slagging people off about it, or ruining the forum for everybody else. instead report it to a mod, who can do something about it secretely and with causing a disturbance.
    Heather

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome back Alice, you didn't seem to be around when things were going to hell in a handbasket. But anyway, things seemed to have calmed down now. Largely the problem was caused by people not reporting unacceptable behaviour, and mini-wars breaking out between members. But like I said, the riots seemed to have fallen quiet, and hopefully things will be smoother from now on.

4. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Point taken Alice - though inflammatory seconds like this probably don't help either! :) - I'd say let the Mods continue sorting out petty quarrels and of course second the idea of Peace Love and Harmony - are we not (wannabe) artists after all?

5. Alice in Wonderland

Gannon, I realised this might reopen some wounds so I put a little note at the bottom of my post and I sincerely encourage people to keep this thread on the positive.

I felt left out because everyone got to rant and I wasn't here when it all happened. xD

Banzai, I wasn't here because I was secretly fanning the flames of war! BWAHAHA! >.>

I'm glad it's settled down again now and I really hope nothing like that starts up again..

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I was dismayed when I returned after a couple days' absence to see the smoking debris from a pitched battle. However, I do realize that it is the nature of online forums that there will be misunderstandings, and that tempers will flare.

I just hope that such occurrences are rare, and can usually be settled without bans.

7. Banzai

It was quite scary to be honest, because it was pretty much a free-for-all.

And I should have known you'd be behind it :p

8. Alice in Wonderland

Cogito, I keep forgetting that you are still quite new. xD You seem to have blended in really wel! =D This is the only one of such a big scale, I think. There are few arguements really and the ones that happen are resolved pretty quickly when a Mod is alerted. ^^

Banzai, I'm glad I wasn't here then. D= Reading through the posts remind me of my little sister and her friends. >.<

I was the one that stole the cookie too! >=] Shhhhh! >.>

9. Targaddon

Targaddon Banned

Becareful with this thread it was said that another flame thread will lead to trouble with a ban. I actually thought the matter had been resolved that if there were no feedback posts then just ask the green reviewers. why does everyone keep dragging this up.

People were even naming others for nastyness. Its easy to see why everyone is posting leaving threads with all this going on. Leave it alone the matter was debated and solved then you drag it back up again.

The Mods must be sick of this now the last thread had most of those moderators posting reasons to avoid this before hulls raven locked the thread and announced he would ban the next instigator.

why cant we all be mature and write and talk about our writing join in on the forum activities how many forums run this many activities.

You have Hulls raven running the rpg thread then the weekly poetry contest as well as the joint story venture

and the admin lpspider running a short story competition with a cash prize

and now that ferret is running a weekly short story contest.

theres not many forums that do all of this for the members. yet everyone seems happy bitching about one mod who screws up aload of bad posters and a lack of feedback. hey work together and everyone take the time to offer some feedback on maybe sections you'd normally avoid because you all like the feedback well those that doen't often give it donate a little time to offer some what harm can it do.

I say stop the bitching and start working together.

10. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

11. Targaddon

Targaddon Banned

Now theres a mod that does alot for this place its easy to see with the eye he has done alot. so yeah that fair warning post is worth reading.

12. Banzai

Most vehemently seconded.

13. Targaddon

Targaddon Banned

Thank you Banzai i was hoping i wasn't going to get a flaming.

14. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

We are a writing community here, so lets act like a community and work together.
    If issues arise in the future please pm a moderator or the administrator and they will work with you to resolve your problems.

Thankyou
    Torana

15. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

Oh btw, any more threads complaining and whining about people in public from now on will just be removed

If you're not happy with a post, report it and we can easily analyazie it.

If you have a problem with someone, or some mod, address that mod/s, but don't make it public, when most people have nothing to do with it. Same with reporting. If the post or thread hasn't been deleted/ locked, ask yourself, well, have I done my best to inform the mods? Instead of making it public

Don't be afraid to report either.. it doesn't matter if someone else might have reported it, if it's still there, report the post, chances are, the mods aren't aware of it yet

Anyway, complaints and topics which don't belong in the public forum will be removed.

16. E-bow

E-bow Banned

I blame Gannon. I mean, how is a guy supposed to take him seriously with that silly avatar? What is it anyway, a bat? If were to move on as a forum we gotta sort people like him out, this behaviour is not on.

17. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

yes, I say, a ban on those who have displeasing avatars!

lol:p

18. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Yikes! Run away! The avatar police are on the prowl!

19. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    I'm glad there's been a lack of laming so far, but I think it might be a good idea to stop this before a fight breaks out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.