1. G. Anderson

G. Anderson Active Member

Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing Free Promotion

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by G. Anderson, Oct 24, 2016.

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing Free Promotion? The reason that I am asking is that I've used it and it has been fairly successful for me :) But now my five day limit is over. I am not looking to earn a profit on my current book, so I would have liked to have had the free promotion for a little longer.

My book is available for lending through the Kindle Library, but 'sales' have dropped significantly since the free promotion ended.

Does anyone have any knowledge if there's another way to make your book available for free for longer?

Best,
    G.

2. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi,

The usual one is to make your book free on another site - but if you're in KDP select you are restricted to only selling through Amazon.

Go to Kindleboards - the cafe and search for a thread called "make my book free" or something like that, and you should find more information.

Cheers, Greg.

3. G. Anderson

G. Anderson Active Member

Hi! Thanks a lot for this info. I will look into this :)

Best,
    G.

4. Patsy

Patsy Member

I have a book permanently free on Amazon. It's free on other sites and they price match. It took a while for them to do that and you have to give up having the book in kdp to do it.

G. Anderson likes this.