1. Shimario

Shimario Member

New plot idea for book

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Shimario, Dec 7, 2016.

Age of Psiphers

Ok, so i posted a plot for a different idea for a book, but i thought of a better one and figured that this would be better.

House Altair is a noble House of Axallia. That is until they’re betrayed and nearly all wiped out. The only survivors are eighteen year old Novan Altair the II, (the heir) and his butler/ bodyguard Ramsey. Now as the sole survivor, Novan must fight to survive, as he is pursued by those who killed his family. As fate would have it, Novan comes from a long line of Psiphers, (warriors who use the power of the void to enable their psychic abilities) so he’s got that going for him. But if he is to survive and get revenge, he’ll need to find trust worthy allies to help his cause and become much stronger than he is now. And while his family may be dead, their legacy wasn’t and that in of itself will be his greatest strength. Novan didn’t ask to go down this path, but that’s what happens when you live in an age of Psiphers.

2. Raven484

Raven484 Contributor Contributor

I like the idea so far. Kind of reminds me of Bruce Wayne and Alfred.

3. PenelopeWillow

PenelopeWillow Member

It sounds intriguing. In my mind, I'm already watching the movie based off the book.

4. Jaiden

Jaiden Member

I don't know why, but having a comma before parentheses really bugs me.

Anyhow, your key concern here will be the relationship between Novan Altair (Assassins Creed?) and his butler, because that will be the drive of your story, particularly early on as you build the world. But aside from that, I'm not sure what I can add here because your writing would tell me everything I need to know about the plot. A summary can help, sure, but I've read plots that when summarise sound awful, and yet were written perfectly and brilliantly (Slaughterhouse Five comes to mind. Billy Pilgrim in an alien zoo and all that), and plots that sound amazing but fall totally flat (The Hunger Games; come on guys, Battle Royale already did it for you!).

So basically, what I'm saying, is start writing it and see where your ideas take you. The way you deliver this plot will be more showing than any summary can ever achieve.

5. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Q1 Is Novan aware of his family, and if not, why not?
    Q2 What is the void?
    Q3 Why was his family killed?
    Q4 Are Psiphers basically Jedi?
    Q5 Will he become batman?
    Q6 How close does your story match the hero's journey?

6. Shimario

Shimario Member

1 what do you mean is he aware of his family? Like that they're all dead? If so , then yes.

2 Its basically the place where Psiphers draw their power from.

3 because they defied the Royal House.

4 Basically, but they can do more things, like create balls of fire or beams of lighting and whatnot. Almost sort of like magic, but i'm not calling it that, i've come up with a different name for it.

5 um no.

6 well, i'm currently writing the story right now and i'm only on chapter four so yeah.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  7. Shimario

Shimario Member

Lol, i didn't mean for that to happen, but it is what is.

8. Shimario

Shimario Member

Yeah, i'm currently only on chapter four. But i am writing. Also, i didn't get the name Altair from assassins creed, i got the name Altair from...basically online and i had found out that the name meant eagle and eagles stand for freedom, which is what House Altair stands for, so i choose that name.

9. Shimario

Shimario Member

Me too, lol.