1. GraceLikePain

GraceLikePain Senior Member

Twine -- Text Adventure/Multi Choice Writing

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by GraceLikePain, Jun 24, 2020.

I just wanted to give a shout out for the program Twine, because maybe someone here might need it. It's a program for making Choose Your Own Adventure type stories, though the really talented people with it (i.e. not me) can make a genuine text adventure with it. Also, when I went to a gaming convention, one of the things I noticed was that it and similar programs are commonly used to write out game dialogue. Like different branching paths depending on what the player was doing and what choice the player made in dialogue.

Lol, no, I'm not a bot or anything like that, I just think it would be useful for people. Aaand I wanted to see if anybody here uses it. I'm honestly kind of noob at it. It's not hard to use if you're just making a basic story, but there's probably ways to use it that I don't know about.

ThunderAngel likes this.
  2. Loremaster88

Loremaster88 New Member

I've dabbled in Twine 2. It is pretty versitile if you're good at problem solving and can work meticulously. I've seen people work RPG mechanics into their stories with a bit of effort. That said, it has some bugs on Android devices right now that I really wish they'd rectify.

3. GraceLikePain

GraceLikePain Senior Member

You must be working with a tablet then. I can't imagine wanting to write a CYOA on a phone.

4. Loremaster88

Loremaster88 New Member

Just experimented with it while on the go, but on my PC it had no problems.