1. Aurin

Aurin New Member

Hi there

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Aurin, Nov 4, 2013.

Hi there - am 28 and from Australia. Am a practice manager by day and working on a novel by night.

Have had two separate writing periods in my life... first being around seven years ago where I wrote a lot of short stories and poetry, and got a fair few published/won competitions so forth. Only lasted a couple of years before life came in the way.

In June this year I started writing a novel, which I'd never done, mostly as therapy in recovering from recent abuse. The aim was to write what had happened as chick lit (a la Marian Keyes). This turned into writing 83,000 words in six weeks.

Am now editing it (as well as writing new chapters and different POVs) so am looking forward to sharing ideas on how to play around with it and hopefully have it published some day :)

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Sounds intriguing. But why do you hate the letter "I"? ;)

3. Aurin

Aurin New Member

Haha no hates but I don't have a tendency to use it much (probably because I only write in third person normally).