1. Schwad

Schwad New Member

Looking for a sounding board

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Schwad, Dec 23, 2008.

Ahoy. I'm trying to create a fantasy-steam/cyberpunk setting for a collection of short stories centered in that setting. At the moment, however, there isn't much that I have down on paper (or...in computer). So my request is simple - I need someone to talk with about this setting, preferably someone with a fair amount of knowledge in either setting (or even more preferably, both). This person would be a sounding board for ideas, which would help me to explain and work out the ideas, and I'd accept suggestions with open arms.

So if anyone wants to help, reply to the post, shoot me a message, something like that.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Why not make a word game out of it? You'll get ideas that are downright sillym but you'll also probably get a lot of ideas you can use.

The Word Games forum isn't ENTIRELY frivolous, you know! :)

3. Schwad

Schwad New Member

How'd that work?

4. othman

othman New Member

Lol, Cognito. Yeah, Schwad just go to word games and just write that it's a game and it's for silly yet good settings...best one gets a E-cookie, and you will, as Cognito said, recieve a lot of ideas you'll simply have to ignore, but you'll also get some that will start you thinking.

5. Schwad

Schwad New Member

I'd do that, but the thing is, it isn't exactly what I'm after. I'm looking for someone to talk with and to help me flesh out some ideas. Suggestions for the actual setting are really a secondary benefit, and not the primary aim of this thread. As it stands, I'm still trying to find someone for this, so anyone willing to help, go ahead and let me know.

6. Schwad

Schwad New Member

I am, unfortunately, still looking...If anyone wants, I'm still open.

7. TwinPanther13

TwinPanther13 New Member

Schwad you can bounce some ideas off me. I am more then happy to help. I have not been published like some of the people here but I know a good idea when I hear it.

8. TwinPanther13

TwinPanther13 New Member

hello