1. ClusterChuck

ClusterChuck New Member

Writing A Literary Collage

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by ClusterChuck, Apr 5, 2012.

Literary collage. I want to write one. In fact i've already started. It's a discordian absurdist piece on past tense autobiographical snapshots of general wierdness countered with snippets of conspiracy theories and alternative sciences rambled from a sleep deprived security guard, and paced from inserts of one night of his daily journal log entries. each type of segment is in different styles and fonts. The whole piece gets more unwieldy as the night goes on and he (I) get further sleep deprived until the proper meaning of life is reached. In truist form I'm writing each draft of this only while at work. The first draft was scribbled in one shift and aptly falls apart as planned right around dawn.

I Don't even know if it's fiction or non-fiction or gonzo fiction? It's half straight up life story, half meandering montage of Coast to coast shows with a loose philosophical thread weaving through the whole thing.

Anyway any advice or suggested reading? I believe what I have could be better if I found the right structure.

2. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

I would only comment that being increasingly sleep-deprived is not, in my experience, a reliable means to discover the proper meaning of life.

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Read Hunter S. Thompson.

4. ClusterChuck

ClusterChuck New Member

ah, ed from ny, you are right but a suitablle illusion is easily found in the heavy haze.

Minstrel, just finished the rum diaries actually. Really good book.

5. Erato

Erato New Member

Perhaps, but it's an illusion. Personally I wouldn't settle for an illusion if I could help it. If you get more sleep you might dream a good healthy understanding.

6. ClusterChuck

ClusterChuck New Member

You you start with nothing an illusion could be good start. It has been my experience that balanced sleep only makes me hungry for cold pizza and orange juice.