1. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

How To Get On Tv

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Show, Jul 26, 2008.

Ok, how would I start going about getting my ideas for a television show to somebody who can make it happen? Yeah, vague question but I'll probably be able to elaborate as I go.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

sorry to have to be the one to tell you, but in the us, it's virtually impossible to do that, unless you already know someone in the biz, or have a good track record as a writer in other mediums and a good agent with connections in the tv industry...

legal dept's won't even allow unsolicited material to be looked at... it's sent back immediately, unopened...

that said, no one buys 'ideas'... if you do have connections that can see your material is considered, you'd have to submit a standard proposal, which consists of much more than just the 'ideas'...

in the uk, it's not such a tightly closed 'club'... but still not easy to sell only an idea...

you can email me for more detailed info re your own situation if you want, since i've mentored quite a few aspiring tv writers and have worked in the industry myself...

love and consoling hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

Well I'm much beyond just "ideas". I actually have a whole work in progress going. I kind of suck at formatting it and all but I got the details very hammered out. But there was to be a way to break in. I know it's not easy but nothing's impossible. Maybe I will contact you.