1. Zypher

Zypher Active Member

Sad day

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Zypher, Feb 15, 2013.

For those of you expecting to see an actualy short mystery, I leave you with this one. Why is it that no one writes short mysteries? Is it because mysteries tend to need to be too complex for a short work? I don't know, however this is a promise that if need be, I will strive to be the first to write a true mystery short story and post it here.

2. JohnW

JohnW New Member

It's a mystery

Being a new member here I was surprised to find the short story mystery section empty. Could it be that stories which could be included in that section also fall into other sections just as readily.

3. Zypher

Zypher Active Member

I am fairly new to the forum as well, and I never realized this until now. Maybe, the mystery is why there are not any mystery stories! Dun dun daaaaa

4. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Well, I'll have to add one. I have a mystery plot in my head for a while now, and maybe it's time.

I think the problem is that mystery short stories can fall into so many different categories. Crime, especially.

5. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

This has been moved, goes better in the book discussion. We only use the 'workshop' for work.

6. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

I always find mysteries ambitious - it's not like a drama, horror, or thriller, subtle
    clues have to be dropped. I would like to write one - I was a huge fan of the Alfred Hitchcock
    magazine, haven't read it lately.

7. Sved

Sved New Member

I tend to associate the term with "locked rooms mysteries"

8. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Well, not every mystery is a whodunit and sometimes it can just be about how a crime was committed. I'm sure there are a few stories posted in other categories that could go in Mystery.

9. Zypher

Zypher Active Member

That is true I'm sure, it was just interesting to me that there were literally tens and hundreds of posts in the other sections and not a single one in mystery.

@Lemex: Your killing me smalls =D I do agree that my comment really didn't need to be in the mystery section... However I knew this would grab more attention then posting in one of the other sections where it would be easily put onto the back burner. I don't mind if getting moved, my main goal was that by people seeing this someone will post the first piece here.