1. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

One series!?!

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Scarecrow28, Aug 17, 2008.

If you could only read a single book series for the remainder of your life, assuming that their will be a new book introduced every 1-2 years indefinately, what would you choose? For me, it would either be Clive Cussler or James Rollins. Both keep me entertained, although Cusslers tend to be longer and would keep me occupied between the long intervals between new publication.

2. DarkMaiden273

DarkMaiden273 New Member

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I love Aviendha and Min.

3. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Assuming a new book was released every year or two years? A Song of Ice and Fire, by far. It's just so amazing, and you never know what's going to happen. And I mean never. You're not even sure the good guys will win.

4. Afterburner

Afterburner Active Member

Harry Potter. No question about it. I would love for that series to continue forever.

5. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

It's still weird to think that the series is over. :(

6. Afterburner

Afterburner Active Member

Yeah I know what you mean. I was sad when it ended, cuz I wouldn't be able to look forward to see how it ended anymore.

7. Rapture

Rapture New Member

His Dark Materials Series. The prospect of getting more from the series is to good to pass up =)

8. Pithe

Pithe New Member

Discworld. That series is still going, although maybe not for very much longer. I would be happy to only read that if it meant it would never end.

9. Ommonite

Ommonite New Member

I could not be able to pick a single series. Many things have turned me away from most of the series listed above.

It is also worth considering that you could also say single books or a series that is long over, but you'd like to see more of. but then again, I would have no way of picking one out of all of my favorites.

10. Palimpsest

Palimpsest New Member

Thirded! Especially with the later stuff, much smoother, less of a series of punchlines (though I did love his sense of humor in the earlier installations, I remember the Glod footnote in Witches Abroad as the only thing that ever made me laugh so hard that I couldn't breathe in when I needed to) and-- chapters. :p
    I used to be so jealous that somebody could be that brilliant and prolific... guess it worked on a quota :(