1. autumnknights

autumnknights New Member

Character name and title?

Discussion in 'Research' started by autumnknights, May 30, 2018.

Looking for a title for my book and name ideas for the main character.

Inspiration from Pink Floyd is involved, weird scenes at times, kind of trippy. Overall, the book is a tragedy that deals with emotions and the need to feel something again. Like being numb and going crazy by drinking or gambling and just doing worse and worse stuff, going crazier and crazier until finally snapping. The main character is a man in his early twenties who deals with depression. It takes place in modern times but I was wanting a name from anywhere as early as the 70's and as late as the 90's. I also want it to be a little weird, or ya know, not something basic like David. Please share any ideas you have for names or titles, thank you!

2. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Honestly, I would look up the names of the children of famous people.

Bandit. Kid. To.

Hell, I think that Pilot Inspektor. No, that isn't misspelled. That's the kid's name, exactly.

If you want weird names, just look at the children of the famous.

Also, let's not forget that Pres. Trump's kid is named Baron. Just look at famous people for weird names.

Edit:
    Blanket. Prince.
    Those were M. Jackson's kids, I'm pretty sure.

King Rangvald X1111 likes this.
  3. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

Not sure if it would work, but try typing in to google "unique names from the 90's" or whatever decade you want.

4. Thaddaeus English

Thaddaeus English Member

Dirk Spairs. "D.SPAIRS"
    THE OTHER SIDE.
    or
    Phineous Jones
    Dark Dreams Fill The Night.

Hard to tell without having read an extract. I find characters easy to write names for and their character traits fall into place. Titles; I hope these helped. If it is inspired/influenced by pink Floyd try looking into obscure lyrics from lesser known songs.

5. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Figure out what year the character was born, google most popular boys’ names for that year, and then do something to turn the name on its head, such as a weird spelling. Or try spelling it backwards to create a whole new name.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  6. Shnette

Shnette Active Member

Your character description reminds me of the P Floyd song "dragged down by the stone"
    Love that song. Maybe name him Stone.