1. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Age of the dead

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Mr Mr, Aug 2, 2011.

Story
    Five years ago a biological weapon was accidently set off. It was thought the virus was quarantined but it was carried by a medical officer unaware he was immune. From then it spread rappidly. The cities went first, the small space and large populations allowed the virus easy hosts. The towns were next, the virus carried in by refugees fleeing the cities. In 48 hours britain was completely infested. Two weeks and the whole planet was a brain dead flesh hungering wreck.

But humanity are a resourseful bunch.

Those immune started fencing off their towns and clearing out any remaining zombies. What little was left of the millitary regrouped and holed up in their bases. Offering help to towns in need.

Five years later the situation is a little better. The towns have small self sustained populations, some even risking the journey to trade with other towns. Eventualy a rumor started up of a cure, of an end to the zombies. It gathered enough wieght for people to start searching for it. So far no one has found any information of its where-abouts.

Until now.

---------------------------------------

The Game
    This is a Third-Person narrative story. Your starting place will depend on your characters faction but you will all be sent to the same place. The country its set in will be the UK for ease but the places (except cities) will be fictional). You may choose a race from the following.

--------------------------

Human - Immune to the disease.

Cyborg - Those with acces to millitary bases or government labs were able to steal technological enhancements for their bodys. These included robotic arms and legs, night vision eyes and various weapons.

Halfling - Some humans didn't have complete immunity from the zombie virus. Instead of becoming outright zombies they mutated, gaining the abilities of the zombie that bit them. Halflings are easily spotted by their pale flesh and pure black eyes. They know one day they will become zombies; but hope the day never comes.

Factions

Black messiah - the remnants of millitary power. They have the better weapons then the havens.

New ford haven - One of the towns east of the london. Citizens have custom made weapons (you can be creative but no over powered stuff).

Explorer - For anyone who doesn't want to be millitary or a citizen. It just means your on your own and can start wherever, you'll still end up in the same place though.

Types of zombie
    Normal - Your average zombie, enough said.
    Runner - Identical to a normal zombie but able to sprint like an olypic athlete.
    Leaper - Walks on all fours, can leap between buildings and at people.
    Claw - Possess huge claws for hands and a back covered in spikes.
    Buster - Huge upper body, hunches like a gorilla. Will charge and pound the

nearest source of flesh.
    Lash - Will use its long arms and tongue to grab from a distance.
    Boil - A fat bloated zombie full of acid.
    Skuttle - Weird bug like creatures. They posses the strange abilitie to re-animate dead zombies.
    The Pack - Beast like zombie with huge fangs. Runs on all fours, usualy found in groups of 5 - 10.

And more I'll spring as surprises or boss fights :p

Rules

1. No controlling others' characters, unless given special permission.

2. No invincibility.

3. Only join if you intend to write. If you have to leave, or if you fail to write, your character will be eaten horribly, or turned it into an NPC.

4. Communicate with one another. If you're going to do something unexpected, PM me first.

5. Don't spam with posts, or make them too long. (I had a problem with overtly long posts in my last RPG which didn't go so well. I plan not to make that error again.) Roughly 100-500 words will do per post.

6. Please stay up to date with posts, and read the discussion thread.

7. My word is law.

Your Character

Prior to posting a character, PM me your idea first.

Here's the template.

Name:
    Race
    (if your a halfling which zombie you were bitten by):

Appearance:

Clothing/Equipment/Abilities:

Short Bio:

Personality:

Miscellaneous info:

I'll start a discussion thread when people have joined.

Let's kick some zombie butt :D

2. berky

berky New Member

would zombies be attracted to cyborgs?

3. mugen shiyo

mugen shiyo New Member

Name: Thomas Bishop
    Race: Black
    Sex: M

Appearance: 5'10 with dark eyes and short cropped hair. Medium build and proportional

Clothing/Equipment/Abilities: currently beige and brown desert camo's, a few long knives, alcohol, bandages, gauze, an empty water-bottle and a Beretta

Short Bio: legally immigrated from the US during economic downturn and force out of jobs. lives with his European uncle. Took up construction.

Personality: practical, cautious, and self-motivated for most of his life, his uncle has been known to call him a goat. stubborn and steadfast

Miscellaneous info: that's what the stories for ;)

Let's start soon. Thomas get's fidgety sitting in one place for too long :)

4. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Berky - there still mostly human so yes.

5. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

I do fancy playing a cyborg, I will give this some thought and PM you sometime soon.

6. Hex44

Hex44 New Member

Name: Brian Morrison
    Sex: M

Appearance: A very serious face even though he's truely lighthearted and warm, Morrison athletic build is attributed to his love of parkour and his military conditioning.

Clothing/Equipment/Abilities: black t shirt with the thundercats logo on the chest, a pair of cargo pants and army issued combat boots. A camel pack water source. A shoulder strapped flashlight and an AR-15

Short Bio: Morrison was once a quiet and reserved book worm until he discovered the truth about the United States government to which he became an outspoken 'conspiracy theorist' known in he circle for writing articles on the in convienient truth.

Personality: He's got more than a few quirks but hes no dumby. Sometimes he finds it easier to go against grain for the sake of his own sanity.

Miscellaneous info: Morrison was enlisted in active duty for eight years and served in ranger battalion for four of them. He's no stanger to harsh conditions and firefights.

Let's start now.

7. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Sorry I seem to have missed it off the template but your character needs to be in one of the factions.

8. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Hey Mr, did you get my character info? I sent it to you but I'm not sure if you recieved it or not.

9. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Name: Osanna ‘Oz’ Daniels
    Sex:: female

Appearance: Standing at 6’0 Oz considers herself a real knockout. She’s thin but curvy. She has curly black shoulder black length hair which she always wears in different fashions. She has dark eyes and full lips which she coats in red lipstick.

Clothing/Equipment/Abilities: Oz is wearing a grey tank top with thin purple stripes and a black mini skirt with a pair of black flats. She has two tactical knives, and a loaded Glock with ammo in her knap sack. Oz is also trained in martial arts.

Short Bio: Oz grew up in London with an alcoholic father who used to beat her, her mother and her younger brother Luka. Her family had a long history with the military and so Oz and her brother both knew they were expected to be a part of it. When Oz was 22 she was engaged to be married to a young man named Alden Blaisdell who was a member of the Black Messiah. Sadly, Alden was killed in action days before the wedding. Heartbroken and angry over the death of her love Oz joined the Black Messiah shortly after.

Personality: Oz is very self assured and is not ashamed to use her ‘feminine charms’ to get what she wants. She knows she’s beautiful and is proud of this fact. She panics easily in difficult situations. She is very strong in her morals.

Miscellaneous info:

Oz still carries Alden’s picture with her.

On the night of her wedding Oz burned her wedding dress in the fireplace along with the ring.

Oz’s brother committed suicide when Oz was 17. He was 15.

10. Hex44

Hex44 New Member

Lol all the characters are black people. I wonder which of us will die first.

11. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Hex - I think its because they're better at running :p

Hmm I need to make a character.

12. Shadow Reeves

Shadow Reeves Active Member

On a plane filled with Motherf**king Snakes.
    im totally keen to get my cyborg on! mad scientist ahoy!
    and im assuming that black is short for black messiah...

13. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Shadow = yes it is. And sure just pm me a char.

14. Sepatar

Sepatar New Member

Name: Lucius Malek
    Race: Human
    Sex: Male

Appearance:'5 "11 slim, well - toned, blue eyes.

Clothing/ Long sleeve tee, Jeans, sneakers
    Equipment/ Crowbar, flashlight, pistol
    Abilities: Athletic : Can almost outrun a sprinting zombie. Almost
    Nifty: Able to make almost anything out of everything.
    Short Bio: Lucius Malek was born in central london, but after the disease spread, he was seperated from his family.
    He is now constantly searching for survivors, yet so far in vain.

Personality: Calm - Headed, Natural Leader, Able fighter.

Miscellaneous info: Ginger.

15. Lost_in_Thought

Lost_in_Thought New Member

I use to live in a Igloo, but it melted :)
    Name: Yu Ae Sook (Sooki to friends)

Race: Korean, Hafling bitten by a Leaper
    Sex: Female
    Appearance: '4"10 thin with long black hair. Common zombie-like features(pale, black eyes) but unlike full zombie leapers she walks on two feet(but can leap extra far). She use to be very pretty before the bite.Now she is covered in bite marks and dark tatoos. (looks weak at first look but it very tough)
    Clothing: Always wears sunglasses to hide her black eyes (with them on she almost looks human) Often wears a black tank top (to show off tat's) and cameo cargo pants.
    Abilities: Can jump high and farther then the average leaper zombie. Good with all sorts of weapons, but most often uses an axe or machine gun.

Bio: Born in Seoul, South Korea but moves at age Three to Canada because of stress from North Korea. She lived a normal life until her brother became a zombie and bit her at age 14. After that she was forced to leave home (her brother was destroyed) Ever since she's been wondering the earth alone, always searching for the cure, in vain of course. She suspects that she's going to be a full zombie at age 20, and she'll do anything to stop that from happening.

Personality: Cruel and rude,always wanting her way, but to those she cares about she'll protect to the very end.

Miscellanous info: hates most people

Edit: also wears no shoes

16. Shadow Reeves

Name: Clayton
    Race: cyborg! - Explorer
    Sex: male

Appearance: Clayton stands at 5'8" white male and tanned. his right arm is machine from the shoulder down and his right leg is machine from the knee down. he has a full beard and shoulder length hair which only gets washed when it rains, the fake skin on his cybernetic leg has over the years been damaged and torn so now parts of the metal casing can be seen through.

Clothing/Equipment/Abilities: everything clayton owns is dirty. his cloths, boots, food are all covered in mud. he wears a torn blue singlet and a trench coat, jeans and army boots. he carries a 10 round semi automatic shotgun, although it is almost out of ammo, and is usually better at scaring off desperate men than killing the undead. also has an ammunition belt crossing his chest and a large pack on his back.

Short Bio:
    he lost his arm in the army as a conscript soldier fighting against the zombies. a friendly grenade was thrown into his foxhole, Clayton threw it out but the grenade exploded just after it left his hand. the beard also hides shrapnel wounds from that day.
    He lost his leg some years later. after running out of ammo he was cornered by zombies who took a nice bite from his leg before being scared off by a 'zombie hunter'. Clayton cut off his own leg as soon as they left to stop the virus spreading through his body. The replacement was done is a back shed by a 14yo surgen, and needless to say it is not as top quality as his arm.

he has been living on his own for some time now, drifting from one settlement to another trying to find a friend of his - and so far there has been no word

17. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Sepatar, Lost and Shadow - Those are fine. Sepatar, Lost I'm assuming your chars don't have a faction in which case you'll either have to head to newford haven when we start or make your own way to the 'cure'. Shadow Your a cyborg so I'm assuming your in black messiah.

Just waiting for Earphone then we'll start.

18. Shadow Reeves

sorry i forgot that bit, i'll edit - he is an 'explorer'

19. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

I have a question. Would it be against the rules to have someone play a character that's related to mine? That way I don't have to play two characters.

20. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Shadow - Could you be black messiah? It makes things slightly easier when we start.
    Vamp - Sure if you can find someone.

21. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Yes, please pardon the tardiness, I'm sending you a character now.

22. Sepatar

Sepatar New Member

Sure thing but i wanna be an explorer for sure. Gotta love dem rogues

23. Shadow Reeves

Mr Mr: mercenary?

24. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Shadow - Soz all cyborgs belong to Black messiah, only way they'd have it or be able to repair it.

25. Shadow Reeves

well ok then