1. Balderdash

Balderdash Member

Curse Town, USA (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Balderdash, Dec 10, 2013.

Feel free to post your character templates here and discuss all things literary.

2. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

I'm really interested in your RP. I'll put up a template tomorrow when I have some time. :)

3. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Alright, I'm interested. Here is my character template:

Name: Tooth
    Age(20 and up): 21
    Creature(Vampire, Fey, etc): Lycan
    Appearance:
    Human-He's well-built, with a strong chest and muscled arms and legs. His face is round, and his grizzly beard helps give him the appearance of a bear. His hair is brown and usually tangled up in knots that he doesn't care to smooth out. He tends to wear a dirty white shirt with dark blue jeans.
    Wolf-His eyes are red, his nose large and sensitive. His two front teeth are unusually long and sharp; they stick out of his mouth, much like that of a saber-tooth tiger. His muscles are visible even with his thick mass of fur, which is a testament to his massive strength, even in comparison to other werewolves of his age.
    Personality: Naturally aggressive, he has a tendency to want to win at everything, causing him to be annoyed immensely when he's proven to be wrong about something. He never backs down from a fight, seeing a taunt as an affront to his strength. Fortunately for him, he doesn't often lose. He has a soft spot for Fey, however, because he sees them as weak, and wants to protect them. He isn't very intelligent.
    Other: He's seen as one of the strongest werewolves currently alive. The way the curse might affect him is to cause him to lose control of his emotions, and go into a rage, which might be devastating to those around him.

4. Balderdash

Balderdash Member

Sounds great! APPROVED. ;p

5. Balderdash

Balderdash Member

And you can post whenever you'd like Brandon!

6. BrandonrockstheAM

Alrighty then. I was waiting for some sort of confirmation. After I get some stuff done, I'll post something.

7. Annessa Jones

Annessa Jones New Member

I'm new here, but I'm hoping that I can contribute.

Creature: Fey

Appearance: While Lillian is considerably older by human standards, she doesn’t look a day over 25. She has very pale skin, which is lightly dusted with freckles. She has copper colored red hair that she currently has down to a little further than half way down her back. She has very delicate features, as is typical for the Fey, but she is very small compared to most of them, standing 5’3”. Her eyes are extremely dark, nearly black, which is odd considering typical Fey complexion.

Personality: She is an extremely curious person, who has a need for knowledge. She has several degrees from nearby colleges that she has gained though out her years (including history, environmental studies, scientific illustration, biology, and english). She also has several other minors in art and other social and scientific studies. Her curiosity has often gotten her into trouble, and because of this she has recently had to return home to Smalltown. The only thing that she likes about the place is the surrounding wood, but even her love for her childhood haven cannot bring her to want to reside in the town for long. This is due entirely to her family, who she strongly disagrees with. The Fairies are a powerful aristocratic Fey family that has considerable control over many of the Fey dealings in the United States, and Lillian has always been opposed to the way that her family lords themselves over the rest of the Fey and other creatures. She is known for her kindness and curiosity. She can also be a tad annoying to creatures other than Fey because she forgets that other creatures cannot read her mind the way that she reads theirs, and will often not let them finish their sentences, as she knows what they are going to say.

Other: While she finds technology fascinating, she has a hard time understanding it. Especially cars, she refuses to admit it but they actually terrify her whether she is in one or not. She is also the youngest of her family, having both an older brother and sister. Both, her parents continually remind her that she cannot compare to. They have both adopted their parents pride and aristocratic arrogance, and belittle their sister at any chance they get.

8. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

OK, I'm interested ;)

1) Do vampires turn mortals like in other stories, or are they completely separate?

2) Do Daylight rings

a) work for a limited amount of time regardless of exposure to the Sun [you have x number days to use it before you need a witch to "recharge" it: if you go outside for every second of Sun in those x days, then you maximized the charge; if you don't go out at all in those x days, then you wasted a charge]

b) work for a limited amount of Sun-time but no time limit on when the amount of Sun-time can be used [you have y number of hours of use before you need a witch to "recharge" it: even if you go years without going out in the Sun, you still have those y hours for a sunny day after years of saving the charge]

c) last forever regardless of how much they are used in the Sun

d) different Rings work differently than others, and so a lucky few vampires might have known witches who were powerful enough create C Rings (Eternal), while most others are stuck with As ("Use them while you still have them") and Bs ("Save them for when you need them")?

3) Would Villain Protagonists keeping children locked in bunkers be too dark for this story?

4) Can any race learn witchcraft, or just humans?

I'm not thinking that my vampire character himself would be a (wizard? warlock?), just somebody in his backstory, and if not, I don't mind, I'll just have him remember knowing a bunch of vampires and a witch instead of a bunch of vampires including a witch. I just thought I'd ask in case it becomes more important later than it looks like it is right now.

5) Do vampires need to sleep?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  9. Simpson17866

Here's my character idea:

Dominic Stewart
    Born during late 1920s (chronologically ≈85), turned into a vampire during early 1950s (biologically ≈25)

When Nic was too young to remember his parents as humans, they were attacked, turned, and recruited into a vampire pack based in the London Underground. Nic grew up as one of the few mortals in the clan, where he was raised to believe that most humans did not deserve immortality but that he was one of the few who did.

The clan was destroyed in the early 1990s by a force of vampire hunters who would frame the terrorists in the IRA whenever their own attacks could not be covered up. Nic's parents were killed, and he fled to America, where he has not yet been able to meet up with a large vampire clan like the one from London.

He generally aimed for the larger cities as much as possible, so that he could feed on dozens of people for months at a time before any vampire hunters noticed. He only stayed in smaller towns as temporary measures when fleeing from one metropolis to the next, but when an unknown curse hit Smalltown, he found that he could not leave the area as easily as many other supernaturals were able to.

He has no idea how long he will be trapped - whether it will be months, years, or even decades - and he doesn't want to risk killing too many humans for fear that he might run out at some point in the future, so he has resorted to draining corpses and robbing hospital blood banks for as long as possible, although he keeps a small number of potential "donors" locked in a brainwashed family's storm shelter for use in emergencies.

He is slightly taller and thinner than average, but dresses as inconspicuously as possible. He even tries using make-up to appear less pale.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  10. Wyr

Wyr Active Member

I have to say, this RP looks pretty amazing. I used to RP on another forum all the time but have really gotten away from it, though your thread makes it awfully tempting to come back. But since I’m not as familiar with how this part of the community generally operates, before I try to submit a character I was wondering if someone wouldn’t mind telling me what the usual pace for posting here is. Will I be expected to make several large posts a day? Once a day at minimum? Will it be seen as inconsiderate to the rest of the players if I can’t post for a day or more?

Sorry if this is off topic, but each forum has its own atmosphere, and I was hoping to gage this one before diving in. I really like the looks of this thread though, so I’ll start working on a sign-up while I wait for an answer. :)

11. BrandonrockstheAM

In my experience, it's okay if you don't post daily. Many people here don't have the schedules to do that, so they just post when an opportunity presents itself. Even if you can't be active for a while, especially in currently slow RPs like this one, not much will probably have happened. Plus, you joining will make this RP more active, and hopefully get some gears turning.

12. Simpson17866

Not a problem ;)

As long as there are enough people to keep the game going - which you may definitely help with - it seems like the game would hold it's steam better to have a few good posts a week from each writer than a game with a bunch of bad posts, so feel free to take your time.

Also, if people need 4 days to write something they think is good, then posts on Day 1 (person A), Day 3 (person B), Day 5 (A), and Day 7 (B) will hold interest longer than posts on Day 1 (A), Day 2 (B), Day 5 (A), Day 6 (A)

13. Wyr

Wyr Active Member

Thanks for the responses guys. :) Mostly I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up, but it seems like that won't be a problem. Although fair warning, I have something coming up in January and I probably won't be able to post for a week or more. If that's not an issue I would love for the GM to consider my character! :-D

Name: Serafina “Fina” Gatti
    Creature: Evo

Appearance: Fina is 5’6” with a compact but athletic frame. She has an olive complexion and her black hair is cropped short and spikey. Her eyes are a light shade of green. She isn’t curvy by any means, like a gymnast she is flat-chested and muscular, and she tends to over-compensate for this by favoring tight fitting clothing. She dislikes jewelry and doesn’t even have pierced ears but she does wear makeup and is almost never seen without heavy black eyeliner.

Personality: As autonomous and uncooperative as her favored form, Fina quickly tired of her family’s strict, narrow-minded lifestyle. At seventeen, she simply walked out with nothing more than the clothes on her back. It was child’s play to slip onto the first ship out of port, leaving her family and their rules on the other side of the ocean. She bounced around America over the next several years, never really wanting for anything. As an Evo she could simply take almost anything she wanted, although she had much more fun getting people to give it to her willingly. Eventually though, she tired of the mind games and deceit. She grew bored with her grifter lifestyle and, although she would certainly never admit it, she was lonely.

Fina stumbled across Smalltown about a year before the Curse became apparent. Due to the large number of other supernatural creatures there, she decided to retire there and try an “honest” lifestyle, even though she is still living off of her ill-gotten nestegg (hey, a girl has to have her comforts.)

Fina is independent, stubborn, arrogant, selfish, deceitful and possessive. Oddly enough it is the latter trait that makes her the slightest bit redeemable. She is not only possessive of things but of people; she will claw out the eyes of anyone who threatens someone who is “hers.” Given her personality she would be horrified if someone “stole” her own form and it always slightly unsettled her doing it so to other sentient beings. Since moving to Smalltown, she prefers animal forms pretty exclusively and almost never takes the shapes of mortals or other creatures.

Other: At first Fina found the Curse mildly amusing when it was just the mortals suffering from it, though the novelty quickly wore off. She grew concerned when it jumped to creatures. When her own shapeshifting began to be affected-taking much more effort to change and more complicated forms becoming harder to hold, among other problems- her concern erupted into anger. No one comes to her home and messes with her powers or her people.

14. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Can anyone join and am I allowed to make a human character that is not as affected because his mind was fucked up already?

15. Simpson17866

@TheApprentice I don't see why not.

16. TheApprentice

Name: Tyler (serial killer nickname is "The Fist" as he beats certain people to death.")

Creature: Human (Serial Killer)

Appearance: Green eyes brown hair. Muscular and defined. Handsome face but creepy smile. Scars all over his body, including on big one on his cheek. 6,02 in feet tall. Style is jeans and a t-shirt.

Personality: tries to be normal and even tempered but can't escape his insanity. He already has no problem with killing so the curse doesn't do much, but he has a small code of honour he kills by. Much like the killer from Dester, his favourite tv show, he only kills people he believes deserves it, but he feels love, hate, and other normal human emotions, he just act's on emotions more. He enjoys small amounts of self mutilation and pain, and killing some animals, but won't hurt those he considers his friends.

His step cousin was raped, and he murdered the rapist and will kill anyone who behaves too misogynistic. Being a killer so long, he is almost a master killer with most weapons, hand to hand, melee, or ranged, mostly from experience. His real downfall rests in that he has flashbacks that send him into a rage that often results in a killing spree.

Other: He has a long bowie knife in his jacket, along with a pair of brass knuckles, a pen gun, and a glock. Ever since the break down of order, he has been carrying a big mass cleaver too kill other insane humans with.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  17. Simpson17866

@TheApprentice If you ever want to bounce ideas off of somebody, I've been studying serial killers since high school, and the Villain Protagonist in my main WIP off-site is a lot like what you're talking about.

18. TheApprentice

He will act as more of an anti hero. He is a lot like Dexter, if you ever saw that show.

19. Simpson17866

I love Dexter too, and while I personally view him as a villain protagonist instead of an anti-hero, I can still see where you're coming from.

On the subject of our characters specifically, what do you think would happen if they ever run into each other? My thinking is:

Tyler: would want to kill Nic for being a murderer. Even if the rational side of him knows that Nic is a super-villain who would easily beat a normal person, it sounds like Tyler could be pushed so far that he stops thinking that far ahead and would pick a fight anyway, regardless of his chances.

Nic: even when Tyler attacks him, Nic would probably try to keep Tyler alive. Nic is terrified of starving to death, and would probably view Tyler as an "attack dog" that can keep the "wolves" in town from killing the "sheep" that Nic depends on. He would probably avoid Tyler whenever possible so that neither of them waste time fighting each other, and no matter how many times Tyler picks a fight anyway, Nic would probably subdue him and leave him to recover instead of killing him.

Does that sound like something that could happen?

20. TheApprentice

Possibly and probably, but Tyler tries to be reasonable and not let his lust for murder get the best of him, so he would not outright attack Nic right away, and would wait for the perfect moment to attack. Tyler doesn't accept that vampires and supernatural creatures exist right away, so how it would probably go down would be that Tyler would wait till Nic's back is turned and then chop into Nic 's neck with his cleaver. When that doesn't kill Nic, Tyler will be shocked by this, not believing that Nic is still standing (and maybe laughing). After this, however, Tyler may exercise caution about attacking "people" with some measure of reason, as he thinks even if there are no vampires, some people are at least really hard to kill.

How are you thinking it would go down? How does Tyler find out Nic is a murderer? He is a psycho killer with a false sense of being a "dark hero," but he understands if Nic is killing the suddenly savage people in the town for self defence.

21. Simpson17866

Sounds good. We'll have to switch to the PMs when we want to start writing more specifically, but do you want to jump into a collaboration right now, or do you want to just write about Tyler for a bit before we have him meet Nic?

22. TheApprentice

I think we should wait until my character is accepted first.

23. Simpson17866

The GM hasn't been seen in almost a month; I think we're basically on our own for this one ;)

24. TheApprentice

Then I will post and hope I don't get banned. I only have time for one post though.

25. Simpson17866

I didn't think you could get banned for that :eek: