Tags:
  1. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Requesting feedback via PM

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Naomasa298, Nov 2, 2019.

Can I clarify the rules on requesting feedback on a piece via PM?

I'm writing something which I intend on submitting for publication that I'd like some feedback on the first couple of pages. Reading the rules, it seems this isn't allowed but I've seen posts asking for readers from other members, so I thought I'd ask before I commit a(nother) heinous offence.

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    It could be done, but from the Collaborations subforum. :)

Naomasa298 likes this.
  3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

you can ask for crit partners, beta readers etc in the collaboration forum once you've been a member for 90 days (Dec 9th or so for you) and have 100 posts (which you have easily).

You can liaise with a crit partner by Pm or by email , or messenger (or carrier pigeon) but if anything goes south we mods won't get involved with anything that happens off site, so you might want to stick to PM until you've got a reasonable level of trust and confidence

4. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Thanks @Cave Troll and @big soft moose. I should have actually finished the story by Dec 9th so maybe I can skip the first few pages and get feedback on the finished article when the time comes.

Cave Troll likes this.
  5. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

If you want a beta-reader, let me know. I do quite a lot of it honestly.

Thanks for the clarification @big soft moose . I've actually done a few chapters for new-ish people who promptly disappeared from the site afterwards which kind of pissed me off. From now on I'll inform them of the rules regarding that and not waste my time as much, although I did learn quite a bit.

jannert and Naomasa298 like this.
  6. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Yeah. It's worth holding back a bit, to ascertain whether the person is interested in being a community member or not.

Some people are quite bold about asking for feedback via PM. Many people join the forum just for that purpose, and aren't interested in learning how to give and receive. Which is a shame, because it's true—you DO learn a lot about your own writing by responding to what others have written.