1. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

“How Likely would your MCs want to kill you... and how

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Link the Writer, Dec 23, 2017.

Basically this dude inspired me to make this thread.

So you’re trapped in a room, confronted by your protagonists of all your stories. How badly do they want to kill you after all the things you’ve done to them? And how will they kill you? How screwed are you?

zoupskim and John-Wayne like this.
  2. Mink

Mink Contributor Contributor

1. Fate (full name: Faerydae Nyx) will want to kill me in as creative a way as possible. First, I had the gall to give him that name (what kind of hippy am I?) then I had the gall to have his eye plucked out of its socket. I'm awfully cruel to him and I have some very awful things planned for him. He would make sure my death took months, if not years, to come and every second would hurt. Because he's an assassin, I'm pretty screwed.

2. ... Okay, Fate's the only one would want to destroy me and/or kill me. The rest are likely pissed at me, but their personalities are gentler and they aren't as prone to killing someone as Fate (who rather enjoys his job).

3. MachineGryphon

MachineGryphon Member

Simon Hunter, my protagonist, would be extremely capable of killing me, being an assassin. If he was contracted to kill me, I might be in considerable trouble. Although if we take into account my position as writer, considering I invented the antagonists that are coming after his infant daughter, my days might be numbered. Unless I had information relating to his family though, I imagine a bullet in the head or being beaten to death would be the worst of my suffering. But if I was withholding information, I might end up being "roughly interrogated" first.

4. Le gribouilleur

Le gribouilleur Active Member

My protagonists like me so far. I didn't reach the conflict of the story yet. They're having the time of their lives.

5. NobodySpecial

NobodySpecial Contributor Contributor

I don't know, hang on while I ask them.

6. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

I like to think most of my mcs would be more insulted by my shoddy convoluted plotting than anything. "Really? This was the best you could come up with? Jesus, no wonder my life's a mess." :D

The one I thought of initially in the other thread - my immediate response was "oh that boy'd kill me in a heartbeat," but thinking about it more, the poor thing would probably have a mental breakdown.

7. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

They'd probably want to kill me about as much as I'd want to kill my creator. If they had the means, though, I doubt they would because ending my existence also means ending theirs. Or at least limits their existence to any lingering published or forgotten pages I have out there, and I doubt they'd want all that's left of them to be that poorly written.

Shenanigator likes this.
  8. Sundowner

Sundowner Active Member

It would be a fitting end for me. I've written them a perfectly normal and quaint life that went to absolute hell and turned them into a cold killer that wants to hunt down the guy who ruined their life.
    I've actually thought about this scenario before, might make a cool short story. Although I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm knocking off that movie where a writer started to affect some random guy's real life.

John-Wayne likes this.
  9. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Likely levels too high for any standard form of measure.

As for the how, well it will be something only those that
    know my character cannon, to even approach being royally
    screwed I would be.

10. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

Sorry I meant to post here sooner, but got caught up with work and playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild. :p .

Anyways, as for Characters who are most likely to kill me, honestly I'm not sure if any of them would as it's not usually in their nature to kill out of anger, even Kristol who has a tendency to put up a Facade of Arrogance and a bit of a short fuse wouldn't harm someone without good reason.

Having said that, they may all lecture me to death about my lack of focus and easily distracted, :p .

Perhaps my character Catherine, since I have ignored her for years now, and recently began to realize that she is actually a Tyrant who starts a war with an innocent man.

11. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

My assassin MC's Kelan and Rob would kill me in seconds if they were paid enough to do so, but otherwise they and all my other characters wouldn't have the urge as I'm the creator of their happily ever after.

Shenanigator and CoyoteKing like this.
  12. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Likelihood of wanting to kill me = Zero
    Likelihood of a threesome being suggested = Quite high
    Likelihood of me accepting = 100%

How screwed am I all depends on the meaning you give the question. :whistle:

13. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Both blade and dusty could kill me in a heart beat - one being a recon commando, the other a hitman - however they have no reason to do so .... unlss i decide to write myself a threesome with Keri and Beth (their respective girlfreinds)

14. hirundine

hirundine Contributor Contributor

Oh balls, they'd probably all want to kill me.

Let's see...

Ragnar: I'm dead. Very, very dead. He would take the "impaled with extreme prejudice" trope up to eleven, and it would be absolutely fair payback.

Sigrun: I killed off her brother, so yeah, I would be screwed. I don't even want to think about how.

Emily: Would probably want to kill me, but probably couldn't bring herself to actually do it.

Joel: Depends on whether it's "real" Joel (another one who probably wouldn't be able to kill someone no matter how much he wanted to) or his evil counterpart from Ragnar's nightmares (who would kill me stone dead without a second thought).

... Yeah. If I was somehow transported into my WIP, I would be totally screwed.

flawed personality likes this.
  15. graveleye

graveleye Senior Member

this is a funny thread.
    I don't have as many MCs as you all. I only have one and he's a musician.
    If we were in a room together, he would want to get me high, and just ask me "why? Why did you do this to me? Let's put on an album."

16. CoyoteKing

CoyoteKing Good Boi Contributor

Yoshi’s not dumb enough to kill me.

Yoshi knows an opportunity when he sees it.

He’d probably take me to his favorite bar, get me drunk, and talk me into telling him everything — all the spoilers, everything.

Then the next morning, he’d blackmail me into rewriting the book.

If he had his way, he’d be “famous international comedian” Yoshi Sawamatsu, not “failed broke comedian” Yoshi Sawamatsu. Fame, fortune, and a ten inch dick.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  17. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire would love to kill me.

I killed her mom and her sister, I left her so deeply traumatized that it's taken her years just to stand being around fire, and when she finally found someone she loved, she had to run away from everything she had for it to happen.

She'd probably drown me.

Kathryn's too much of a cinnamon roll to kill me. She'd just punch me in the face and walk away.

Jade might kill me. I mean, I killed them, so it's only fair. If they did, they would force me to swallow a bottle of pills--the same way they went down.

Cara? Definitely going to kill me. Jade's death changed her forever, and not for the better. She wouldn't care how I died; "the efforts don't matter, so long as the outcome is the same," she would say.

Isabel…she'd kill me, too. Jade was her friend, and even if they hadn't been as close as they were, seeing her sister walk around in a daze the way she did afterwards was more than enough reason to off me. She would throw me off a building, just so I could experience the sickening stomach drop she felt when Cara got off the phone and said with hollow, dead eyes, "Jade took their whole pill bottle."

18. Dreamsage

Dreamsage Member

Beta is a politician. He has seen far worse people than me, so he wouldn't kill me. Plus, he wouldn't exist if not for me. But he would probably arrange for me to get stripped from my belongings and work among the lowest of peasants for the rest of my life.
    His girlfriend would probably backstab me, though - she's a princess, but I consider killing her off and she can feel it.
    Beta's mentor sees his torments as his fault, so I dodged a bullet there (a blade, to be more precise).
    Beta's brother can't do anything to me.
    And the main antagonist would keep me confined and torture me endlessly, until I change the story and make him win. And then would probably torture me some more, in order to write about her glorious, bloody story of expanding the empire to the ends of the world.

My older MCs are either fairy tale kids or serious, mature scientists. They probably wouldn't even speak to me to avoid being bored.

19. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

I think I can take this two ways with my WIP...:D
    The right answer: My protag would probably want to stab me with his switchblade after what I did to his wife.
    The other answer I'll throw out there: Unless he's coming back from the grave, he isn't going to do a single thing to me.

20. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Sadly, one of my MC's an ex Soviet Spetsnaz and his wife died tragically, so, I would be basically screwed...
    Then, he still has three wonderful sons, so I guess he would leave me just paraplegic. Maybe leaves me a single hand for general purposes.

flawed personality and Dreamsage like this.
  21. John Grant

John Grant Member

My MCs are decidedly non-violent. In that respect they are very much like me. So the answer is that it would never enter their minds to kill me. If, however, they were compelled to kill me out of self-preservation, I suppose that poison would be their preferred method. They would most likely slip it into my meds.

flawed personality and Dreamsage like this.
  22. Methanogen

Methanogen Member

Well this is an interesting question.

One of them would likely be not too keen on it. He's a saviour of lives, not a murderer. That said, if there was an attack, it'd be from a sharp precise medical instrument.

Most of my short story random characters would be too busy reflecting on their lives to attack me.

One or two would die immediately in Earth's atmosphere without protection and wouldn't kill unless provoked, but if they did they'd use beams of energy or similarly futuristic weaponry.

One would murder me in an instant with a scythe. Not efficient for a weapon, but lethal enough against a defenceless person.

One wouldn't be entirely keen and would use a projected energy blade sort of thing.

That's all I can think of off of the top of my head.

Dreamsage likes this.
  23. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

Well, now that I'm closer to the end of my WIP I can say I'm not sure if she would but my MC would have more of a reason that! LOL.

I basically now have to support characters who act like assholes to her, not giving two s**** about her royal status. One of them is a mercenary and the other eventually joins the first one after negotiating for his people who are mutants.

Also, my MC wasn't very happy with having a second child.

Cave Troll likes this.
  24. Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman New Member

They would want to slaughter me. I make my main characters endure so much pain, and almost kill them off- if not kill them off. I think they would have no problem with stabbing me to death with my own drawing pen.

25. ThunderAngel

ThunderAngel Contributor Contributor

In the present story, he wouldn't want to kill me. A little more than a century later, when he's a freshly integrated nyctomorph, I would certainly be considered a prey-item.

John-Wayne and Cave Troll like this.