Tags:
  1. SilentWaves55

SilentWaves55 Active Member

A little help with MC's parents and I should be good

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by SilentWaves55, Mar 23, 2018.

So far I got most of what I need to complete this story. I just need a good plot excuse for my MC future modernized war samurai's and the ninja's corrupted parents and I'm set. I added in my MC modern ninja character cause I thought it'd be necessary. It's a very in depth story which is why it's complicating and the reason I'm having trouble with it. Hope no one takes any offense to it and if it does sound offensive or racist, please let me know.

This one has been bothering me for weeks cause I wrote two possible scenarios for which and I can't figure out which is more plausible. I'd like to know which one sounds more interesting.

One idea is the mother would be a Japanese head corporate leader and the father would be a US caucasian head corporate leader and met from a business meeting one night stand.

Or the father as the Japanese head corporate leader with yakuza ties and the mother as one of his mistresses who's a caucasian woman either from US or UK.

Which one sounds more fitting for the samurai's parents and which one seems more fitting for the ninja's parents? Or just have both the samurai's parents and ninjas parents be all Japanese? I appreciate it.

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Does it matter? If they're interchangeable then it isn't relevant to plot, so just go with whichever is more appealing to you.

Or you could make it relevant to the plot. For example, if one MC has some kind of strict honour code, then that could be fuelled by his disgust that his mother is one of his father's many mistresses. If one MC is very ambitious and power-hungry, it could be because both her parents are corporate hotshots.

Simpson17866 likes this.
  3. SilentWaves55

SilentWaves55 Active Member

I figured it out now but here's my problem. Say I have my MC samurai the son of the Japanese corporate boss and his US or UK mistress and the MC ninja's parents are the US executive boss and the Japanese corporate mother, does this seem to give a bad influence on two different ethnic couples in a negative way? Am I making an asian and white partner look bad by doing this or a bad sign for inneracial couples? Am I better off just making their parents both the same races?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018