1. BIngerBong

BIngerBong Member

Question Why Cant I post?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by BIngerBong, Feb 8, 2017.

In Workshop, it says I dont have permission. Why? I posted twice, Im not a spam bot. Help?

2. Velvet Sky

Velvet Sky Member

from what I understand we have to write two critiques and twenty posts overall. As well as have been a member for two weeks. But I could be wrong. I'm new too.

3. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

You have to be a member for two weeks (iirc) and post two critiques before you can share your own writing. They also need to be more constructive and thoughtful than simple "good job" type comments.

4. Spencer1990

Spencer1990 Contributor Contributor

Go to the Information tab, near the top of the webpage, and click on the last option. It says New Member Guide. That should answer all of your questions.

5. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome to the forum, @BIngerBong.

As the other members have pointed out we do have certain requirements before a member can post in the Workshop. Namely, you need to be a member for 14 days and have made a total of 20 posts (anywhere in the forum). On top of that you will need to write two critiques on other members' work in the Workshop for every item you want to post.

The 14 days, 20 posts requirement can be bypassed by purchasing a Supporter membership (please note that the "two critiques per item"-rule still applies to supporters).

Now please read the New Member Quick Start. It's a simple guide that contains all information you need to use our forum.

Also, please note that "Good story", "Great one", etc. do not count as critiques. A critique should contain useful, constructive information that the writer can use to improve his piece. Don't just tell them to change things, but also tell them why. Things like comments on grammar and formatting, character development (did the characters feel realistic, e.g.?), setting, etc. etc.

Here is a very good post about what a constructive critique is: Constructive Critiques

Please note that we do not expect all our members to write page-long, top quality critiques. We only want you to do your best and to help out other members in their writing. If you are not comfortable with giving critiques, keep it simple. Try to find a few things you can comment on and explain your reasoning.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  6. BIngerBong

BIngerBong Member

Ok, Thanks everyone.