1. paradigmshiftpc

paradigmshiftpc New Member

Two Paragraphs. DO IT!

Discussion in 'Word games' started by paradigmshiftpc, Apr 3, 2014.

This one runs until sunday and submissions will be posted anonymously or with your forum tag if you like. The challenge is simple. Write two paragraphs in one sitting. It can be about anything, as long as it is original and stream of consciousness. The deadline is sunday Apr 6. Submissions will be shared on the FB on Monday with permission from the OP!

Here's mine:

When the time felt right, he began his pursuit. He hungrily chased the wild beast, eager to feast on its very essence. The creature retreated deeper into the forest. He pondered the idea that it could know he stalked it. After several kilometers, the animal had cornered itself in a grotto. Perched on a rock a few meters high, Hunter prepared to swing his great axe. “Watch for the tail, you don’t want to be poisoned,” he thought to himself. “And sever the head with one chop.”
    With a shattering cry and a mighty heave, he drew the massive axe over his head and leapt from atop the stone on which he stood. He crashed hard into the ground, forming a small crater in his wake. The heavy steel head of the great weapon landed mere inches from the crushed the ground beneath it, a seismic shattering that almost caused the forest to quake. He saw it had nursed a wounded human child, who may have fallen from a tree while exploring. “Well that’s not how the legend describes the manticore… this creature deserves to live.” He set his helm on the handle of the axe and walked away. The child reappeared in her village’s medical house that night.

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

There should probably be a word limit on the 2 paragraphs. Theoretically I could write a paragraph that has 10k words in it.

Andrae Smith likes this.
  3. paradigmshiftpc

paradigmshiftpc New Member

nope. no word limit. Our job is to give you the prompt and let you find your voice! As long as it is two paragraphs, I'm happy ^^ I offer the restriction of two paragraphs, nothing more. Look at the Terminus challenge. I gave the restrictions and let people take it where they wanted!