1. fruityloops

fruityloops New Member

trying to think of a plot for my pilot

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by fruityloops, Oct 23, 2017.

this is mostly a screenplay question but my creative juices aren't enough to make a script for show about time travelers fixing time for some organization. to be more specific: Nex is what you might call a “quester”, a being that travels through time and space. He, and others like him, work as agents for an organization known as Q.S.T (Quantum Search Team). Its main intent is making sure everything is in its rightful timeline or universe. In one of his missions, he ends up meeting a girl named Henrietta (history nerd and soccer player) and brings her into the H.Q by accident. Now they have to partner up to search for people and objects that wind up in the wrong timeline and set things right.

they thwart the plans of taboo, an organization that causes most of the conflicts in the many alternate timelines they explore. the main agent they meet is zeal-x, a not so harmless villain that desires to have fame and fortune.

with that in mind...i seriously need some ideas for a first pilot or pitch pilot.

2. Terathorn

Terathorn Member

You essentially have it. The intoduction of the characters and the story that brings the MCs together. Pilots arent supposed to be THAT story intensive. Its a chance for your audience ( and the funders of said project) to meet the characyers and set up the story arc for the series.

Im assuming this is a web series/ tv production.

Yes, a distinct story is necessisary, but you also need to have strong characters that will pull your audience along on their "adventures".

Id encourage you to take some time watching pilots of shows that have done well. I.e star trek(any), or the dr who pilot from 2005. Since youre using time travel.

3. Terathorn

Terathorn Member

Intro your MCs and their story, plus QST and even taboo if time allows or at least hint about them during the episode.

4. LazyBear

LazyBear Banned

The hardest thing about writing a time travel story is to have enough technical limitations to not upset the power blance. If they can go anywhere at any time for almost no cost or sacrifice then their actions will seem suboptimal when looking back at their decisions. I often get derailed stories from making the hero or villain too powerful and a time machine is a big derailing alert since it ruined Terminator 5 which otherwise would be an okay movie. Another thing is that you have to explain how the feedback loop problem is solved as scientists have pointed out as the most difficult problem with time travel. Also don't try to make the time cyclic with people fading away as that would contradict your version with alternative timelines which is realistic.

Terathorn likes this.
  5. fruityloops

fruityloops New Member

I had made some rules on place like no leaving anything behind or taking anything in that period.

LazyBear likes this.