1. Whitejd

Whitejd New Member

A question?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Whitejd, Jun 26, 2007.

I just posted a short story (about 700 words) to the image writing contest and now have a question.

"Is it proper to ask for feedback from the members of the forums concerning my post to one of the contest?"

If asking is not proper in the forums could I ask for feedback through my e-mail? I ask because I am a new member and don't want to break any of the Rules, written or unwritten, in the writers forum.

I am very interested in what people think of my writing both in terms of style, concept, content and mechanics (grammar/spelling/punctuation) and will appreciate any comments and criticism that will help me improve my writing.

Thanks,
    J.D.

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

ermm, you can ask once the contest is finished, and see what others think. but no, i would say that your submitted entry should be your own and your own only, otherwise it is sort of cheating really. i enter poems in for the poetry contests and only after i have lost do i then ask for opinions on it.
    Heather

3. Whitejd

Whitejd New Member

Thank for the info Heather

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you can email me any old time for feedback on your writing's quality, regardless of what it's for...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

5. Whitejd

Whitejd New Member

Thanks Maia for your offer and support. I am very new to this forum and I am still feeling my way about. How did you get located on Tinian? Sounds like a lovely place to be. How close are you to the sea? I have always been in love with islands and the sea but now I am rooted in the middle of America 1000 miles from any sea or ocean. I do have a dozen small lakes (ponds) within a mile of my home. Not much but it does help.

TTFN,
    J.D.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

How did you get located on Tinian?

...was house/pet-sitting in canada and my visa ran out after a year, needed a place to retire from globe-trotting, where i wouldn't need one...

Sounds like a lovely place to be. How close are you to the sea?

...island's only 4x10 miles and i'm about halfway [2 miles] from sea on either side...

I have always been in love with islands and the sea but now I am rooted in the middle of America 1000 miles from any sea or ocean. I do have a dozen small lakes (ponds) within a mile of my home. Not much but it does help

...water gives off wonderful energy...

7. sashas

sashas New Member

you know mammamaia, I've always dreamed of owning a private island so that I can be in complete seclusion.
    I know that might never happen
    then I guess I might wanna settle down in a place like Tinian. I've always wanted to go to those South-East Asian island-countries (Java and Fiji mostly), or some island right in the middle of the pacific
    I envy you..

and @White

you can either post your stories in the Short Stories section, or email certain members, but only the stories that haven't been entered in the contest. Other than that, you can post as many stories as you like in the forums (it would be good to leave feedback on others too)