Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTomStrange

TheTomStrange Member

Should there be a 'Reviews' section of the forum?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by TheTomStrange, Aug 13, 2011.

When I say reviews, I don't mean the feedback we post on each other's work. I mean reviews of films, books, live performances, etc. It's a form of writing that doesn't seem to fit in any of the current sections of the forum, and a great way to develop writing that could be published in magazines and newspapers. Roger Ebert has won many awards for his film criticism, as has British writer Charlie Brooker for his reviews of television. I don't think anyone could say these writers aren't skilled, along with thousands of other culture critics. So what do you think? Should this website have a section where we can post reviews?

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Non-Fiction.

3. TheTomStrange

TheTomStrange Member

True, but the label 'non-fiction' is too vague. We have sub-forums under the 'Fiction' section for a reason. You wouldn't put horror stories in the same forum as the humour stories would you?

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Non-fiction. We don't need to subdivide further.

Specialty section proposal of the week...

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I believe there is a blog category for book reviews. Other reviews could be posted in the workshop if you're looking for critiques, but if you want to treat it as a published review, your blog is the best bet. In the future we may offer an articles section for this, and it could be featured in the newsletter once it gets started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.