1. katina

katina Banned Contributor

Flirting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by katina, Sep 3, 2018.

Is flirting cheating?
    I personally do not think it is. It is either flirt or be rude right/?:supersmile:
    What do you say?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  2. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Nah. Playing "touch my wiener" or "rake my meat flaps" with the other person is cheating.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Shenanigator and DK3654 like this.
  3. katina

LOL what the?? :superlaugh:
    These are expressions I have never heard Is that similar to a truth or dare??? :supercheeky:

4. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

My definition of cheating is doing something with another person that you wouldn't do with them in front of your S.O. because they wouldn't like it. The "something" varies from couple to couple. The definition of flirting even varies from person to person. For some people "flirting" equals talking to someone else. For others it's not flirting unless there's an obvious sexual connotation with intent to hook up. So it depends on the couple and their individual definitions.

5. Moon

Truth or dare? Are you flirting with me? o_O My hand-girlfriend is gonna get jealous......

Cave Troll and katina like this.
  6. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

These days I try to be very wary about my behaviour around other males. I generally won't even look them in the eye unless necessary/appropriate to do so e.g., a shop assistant or driver. This is pretty funny when you consider that in the 2 1/2 years that I have lived here, I have never had anyone (male or female) approach me in that manner whatsoever. I still know nobody. If I died in my flat, I don't know if anyone would even notice! :p

katina likes this.
  7. Moon

We need a "Pickup lines" thread so I can drunkenly laugh at. I bet the writers on here can spin up some good ones.

Cave Troll, Some Guy and katina like this.
  8. Iain Sparrow

Iain Sparrow Banned Contributor

Flirting is for fun and has little to do with whatever serious relationship you may be in at the time.

My own special signature flirt, is carelessly brushing the hair from my face while biting my lower lip. Very sexy.

katina likes this.
  9. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

A favorite in my story.

katina and Iain Sparrow like this.
  10. Zerotonin

Zerotonin Serotonin machine broke

I do the same thing but people think it's weird. Maybe it's because I'm a hairy 300 lb powerlifter.

Cave Troll and Iain Sparrow like this.
  11. katina

Are you really?

12. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

I do the 'teapot' and curtsy. And sometimes I do over-do the pout. But I'm thinking I'm on my rollerskates and ra-ra skirt, and really I'm nothing of the kind. Quite sickening really, the old hobo with his whoopsadaisy mannerism. We need firearms in this country, that's my perspective.

Shenanigator, DK3654 and Cave Troll like this.
  13. Some Guy

Just so, mon ami, we need the right to fire them indiscriminently, and let probabilities work everything out! Just make sure I die in the first wave!
    (Relax world, I don't actually mean that, yet. In my apocalyptic story, I'm amongst the first to die, gruesomely! There are several vignettes, Yippee!)
    *ahem*
    Carry on.

Cave Troll and matwoolf like this.
  14. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Yes, I’m ‘dead’ in all my stories. Good to find a fellow corpse fellow on the forum.

Cave Troll likes this.
  15. Jon J Smith

Jon J Smith New Member

Myself and my wife actively encourage each other to enjoy a good flirt once in a while, defining flirting as talking, joking or even being a little suggestive.

The reasoning behind us doing this is to allow us both to continue to feel that other people still find us attractive, or that we 'still have it', allowing us to feel a sense of youthfulness and vigor.

Plus it's fun and exciting.

I think the move to cheating is best coined by Justice Potter Stewart "I'll know it when I see it" in that there are probably no hard and fast rules, it changes from person to person and moment to moment.

Shenanigator likes this.
  16. Irina Samarskaya

Irina Samarskaya Senior Member

Yes. Flirting is an attempt at arousing the sexual and/or romantic interests of someone else, therefore it is cheating.

17. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    It is only cheating in a monogamous relationship, but not
    in an open one (not to be confused with poly-amory).
    Though it isn't as bad as sacking up with someone else
    in said monogamous relationship.

So who is writing the story about the bean-pole mail man
    named Ricky hooking up with Gayle who has allergies?
    I hear they got hooked up when she saw him licking stamps
    while wearing a G-string, and he found her snurffles cute
    as she watched with a box of tissue.

Some Guy likes this.
  18. Some Guy

Flirting is a primitive form of communication, hardwired into human behavior. It must, like any sexuality, be expressed, or the consequence to humanity will be are already disastrous. Wait and see...

katina and DK3654 like this.
  19. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

It doesn't have to be, though. If you both know that nothing's going to happen, then it's really just semi-sexy banter.

Shenanigator and katina like this.
  20. MikeyC

MikeyC Active Member

I remember reading somewhere that women see the emotional connection as cheating, whereas men see sex as cheating.

Rgds

katina likes this.
  21. Jon J Smith

Jon J Smith New Member

I think most people class sex as cheating unless it's an open relationship and then there is a sliding scale when it comes to Emotion.

It's actually a super complicated thing to unravel once you start getting into it.

Taking the irrational out of it, would you rather your significant other had meaningless sex with someone else or know that they have a deep emotional connection with someone else yet never any physical contact?

I find that question almost impossible to answer because both sting, but if I was going to have to bury an awkward truth, I'd probably have less of a hard time burying meaningless sex.

22. Irina Samarskaya

In terms of evolution this makes sense; women need men to provide them resources for baby-raising while men need to be sure their baby is actually their's. Of course if it was that simple, people wouldn't exist (after all, making babies is more than just coitus). But keeping it in terms of sensitivity to cheating...

I would be devastated either way. An "emotional affair" is just as bad (if not a thousand times worse) as a sexual fling.

Nariac likes this.
  23. Irina Samarskaya

Sex is never meaningless (at least for anyone I'd ever consider marrying; even if the intent is to be "meaningless", sex has very powerful psychological side effects to it) and an "emotional affair" is just as bad if not a thousand times worse.

As for a "deep and emotional connection", that's not an affair: that's a brother or a sister (blood or not). An emotional affair would be better defined as ignoring one's spouse and effectively giving comfort, love, and affection to someone else (especially at the spouse's expense). Of course following the steps to an actual affair without ever actually having sex might as well be considered the same as a sexual affair since the intention was there even if the act wasn't consummated.

However I will admit that, at least in abstractland, an "open relationship" can never involve cheating because there is no monogamy and it's expressly so. I can't be mad if someone "cheats" on me when that was admitted right away to be "part of the deal". However I'm not so degenerate or lowly as to ever even consider such a relationship in the first place and have no respect for anyone who would or was/is.

Nariac and flawed personality like this.
  24. Some Guy

Truly horrific to take human nature apart, then compartmentalize those bits you haven't outright ignored into narrow convenient niches. Truly awful.

Judgement. Moral superiority. Thus, in our arrogance, we fall. Nothing. Nothing spoken here is more than mere control. Are we so truly pathetic?
    Manogamy and the single-family delusion is an abomination to Nature. A contract of marriage is nothing more than control, the last universal form of slavery. The deepest commitment of any man or woman is to the children of a community. We are truly no longer a community. Who do we feel an intimate connection to? How does it serve the world? Selfish. That's mine! Mine! Mine!
    Tragic.
    Manogamy and religion were forced upon us at point of sword. We already had faith in our community.
    No longer.
    The primate-hominid species, even to now, is evolved to promiscuity. The only way to change human nature is to destroy it. That is exactly what we're doing. Take a look. We've gone mad with internal confusion. I'm just so tired of it all.
    The greatest blessing God could bestow upon humanity, is that each individual, with all their judgement and superiority, shall die. My time comes soon. Blessed be.

The greatest tragedy of wisdom is failure to pass it on, or take it on. Please. Please, wake up.

25. katina

I think women see both as cheating. Flirting is harmless everyone does it as a matter of fact. It makes the conversations flow better.
    For myself cheating is when there is physical contact.