Tags:
  1. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

Fasting Produces Anti-Aging Molecules, Reveals Study

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mans, Oct 14, 2018.

I remember, the months ago I wrote in the "happiness" topic; I'm fasting and I wrote fasting is a wonderful factor for health, despite a little difficulties tolerating thirst and hunger.

Now I found this finding of the Georgia university researches. I think it is an interesting information for those who want to know the secret gifts of fasting, based on a scientific discovery. Of course it is just one of materially effects of fasting on health, apart from its spiritual rewards.

[​IMG]
    β-Hydroxybutrate, the molecule produced during fasting or calorie restriction, delays vascular aging through endothelial cells.

It looks like while we were busy in finding a cure to human longevity in the outside world, the remedy actually lies within ourselves. According to research led by Georgia State University, you can actually delay your vascular aging process by the aid of an amazing molecule that is generated during fasting or calorie restricted periods.

What is vascular aging?

Vascular aging, or arterial stiffening in simple words, is a degenerative change that occurs with an increase in age. The arteries slowly lose their ability of elasticity due to the fraying of lamellar elastin elements present in the walls of arteries due to continued mechanical stress.

Other factors that also lead to the deprivation in the arterial elasticity include the changes related to the arterial collagen protein and also due to advanced glycation end products.

“As people become older, they are more susceptible to disease, like cancer, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s disease,” said Dr. Ming-Hui Zou, senior author of the study, director of the Center for Molecular and Translational Medicine at Georgia State and a Georgia Research Alliance Eminent Scholar in Molecular Medicine. “Age is the most important so-called risk factor for human disease. How to actually delay aging is a major pathway to reducing the incident and severity of human disease.”

https://interestingengineering.com/fasting-produces-anti-aging-molecules-reveals-study