1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Ron Kray and Mad Teddy?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Wreybies, Mar 9, 2016.

Just a question for anyone savvy to the life of the Kray Brothers...

In the film Legend (2015) based on John Pearson's book The Profession of Violence: The Rise and Fall of the Kray Twins, it is strongly implied on more than one occasion that Mad Teddy was, if not steady, at least the sometimes lover of Ron Kray. Is there any evidence to this effect or is this just fictional license?

[​IMG]

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Well Ron identified as bisexual, and said he had a relationship with him in a supposed deathbed confession. So I'd say it's quite possible. Mmm, history.
    Also, dat swagger. :D:D

3. Wreybies

Well, the fact that Ron went with fellahs is well-attested. He simply made no attempt to hide the fact. It's the Mad Teddy part that I'm questioning. In the film it's got that hinted at quality that always raises my suspicion as to veracity. There's the scene in the little gif above where Teddy comes out of Ron's camper all cheeky-like and grinning and seconds later Ron confesses to Frances that he's a homosexual (his words in the film). And then later, towards the end of the film, there's a scene where Ron is holed up at mum's house and he knows Reggie's furious with with him over a murder he committed and Teddy is there as well. Mum invites Teddy to stay the night (you get the feeling it's to protect Ron from his furious brother Reggie) and Teddy says "Yes, that'd be very nice. Thank you, Violet." and just as Reggie leaves he bends into Teddy's ear and says "Tonight, when you take off his trousers* and his shirt, I want you to burn them." Ostensibly to get rid of evidence.

[​IMG]

* Teddy flicks a glance over at mum just then and has a face that says, "Oy, Reg. Did you just out me to your mum?"

4. Oscar Leigh

Well, as I said, he apparently confessed it when he was dying in prison. That's what the author/film-makers were going of. Everytime I think about that movie though, I think, "bisexual you cocks!" and have to stop myself from ranting quietly to myself about how it's not that hard to check the word he used.

5. Oscar Leigh

I love this scene of this movie. .
    Tom Hardy is a great actor, except maybe Fury Road; he was a bit boring apparently. (Should see that eventually)

6. Oscar Leigh

Is there a problem with the swearing level in that video?

7. Wreybies

No. No problem. Also, it's the "Like a western!" line that sells the whole scene IMO. :-D

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  8. Wreybies

I watched it last night and though I didn't find any confession online (any chance you have a link?) I'm clearly not the only person to be intrigued as to the possible relationship. Scads of slashy fan art everywhere. And, no, not okay to post said slashy fan art. ;) Not what I saw, anyway. :whistle:

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  9. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

@Wreybies: Have you ever seen The Krays with Martin and Gary Kemp of Spandau Ballet playing the roles of the brothers? It was made in the nineties if memory serves correctly.

10. Wreybies

Nope, but I discovered yesterday that there are two other very recent films about them. Rise of the Krays from last year and Fall of the Krays that opened this year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

I found a Wordpress site all about Mad Teddy - the other day, thought to post, but felt a loud mouth. You'll find it, it's a 'true crime' type article.

One of the low-budget Kray films is supposed to be a turkey. The original 'Krays' @outsider mentioned has some classic lines. There's this scene where the actress growls 'Men, MENNN,' grrr, seeethe, 'ALL MEN are MENN,' see if I can find it..

Oh, here's the whole film:

[check speech @58.30]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  12. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

How she never won a BAFTA for that performance is anyone's guess. Ahem.:rolleyes:

matwoolf likes this.
  13. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Whilst Youtube has its critics, I find it very informative, though I never, ever read the comments section, I don't have the time in my lifestyles.

I wanted to watch the new film - but my wife said she didn't want to, so I never will.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016