1. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

[OOC] Fall of The Jedi

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Macaberz, Oct 17, 2013.

Discussion goes here, as usual.

1. Please PM me your character sheet first, then post it here once I've approved it.
    2. The game will start 18 October, 20:00 (8PM) GMT, until then do not post in the game thread.
    3. 4 slots are still open.

Currently registered members:
    @Macaberz
    @Keitsumah
    @Love to Write
    @Thomas Kitchen
    @rhduke
    @Mottahko

Note for the members listed above, the amount of force-points varies depending on whether you start out as a Padawan, Jedi, or Master. This initial variance is countered with greater force-point rewards for the Padawans and Jedis. In other words, Padawans have less points in the opening game, but will earn more force-points for every successful action they perform.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Keit and I have been approved, right? so may we post our CS?

3. Macaberz

@Love to Write @Keitsumah Yup.

4. Love to Write

Name: Chree'ishka (aka Chree)
    Height: 5'7"
    Role: Master
    Race: Twi'lek
    Appearance: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/108/1/8/jedi_historian_by_dywa.jpg
    She wields two green lightsabers.

History: Chree is the product of a forbidden relationship between two young Jedi. The moment her parent's relationship was found out they were cast from the order and stripped of their titles. Six years later they reappeared back at the Order with a youngling between them. A child twi'lek,weak in the force,but passionate about becoming a jedi. Unwilling to let a force-user go without proper training the Order took Chree in and she began her training.

Chree forced herself to train harder and longer than any of the other apprentices being that she was weaker in the force than most, despite both her parents being force users. It soon became clear however, that no matter how hard she tried she wasn't going to be able to surpass her fellow apprentices in the force. So she aimed to pass them in ways of the
    light-saber. In five years she became one of the top dual-saber wielders in her age group and she has been one of the best ever since.

Now, Chree is a master. And has been for the past 10 years. Nami is her first padawan and she is a harsh master as she is determined to be a better master with a better padawan than anyone else in the Order. Though the master and padawan don't see eye to eye on all things there is one thing they have in common; their fierce desire to protect those who are being treated wrongfully. They are well balanced as Master and padawan being that Nami is naturally strong in the force and Chree excelling in the art of the lightsaber. Unfortunately, Nami has been unable to last as long in training as of late, becoming thinner as well as short-tempered. Chree fears she is ill but Nami refuses to see a doctor. She's close to picking up her padawan and carrying the girl to a medic herself.

Good traits: Passionate, hard working, persevering, doesn't believe that love is the dangerous thing that the Order believes it is.
    Bad traits: quick to anger, impatient, often sees other Jedi as competition she must surpass in some way.

Force skill: 45
    Lightsaber skill: 100
    Athleticism: 75
    Technical skill: 55
    Strength: 75

5. Macaberz

Deja vu. ;)

Love to Write likes this.
  6. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Name: Nami Ann Swift
    Height: 5'6"
    Role: Padawan
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Nami and Vox

History: Nami was born to Ann Ormorion and David Swift, both descendants of high-standing families within the Coruscant trade district. As the second child after her older brother Kayle, she was not expected to be much more than a potential tie to another well-standing family in order to ensure viable trade or even government positions. Yet, with her rebellious streak and near-immediate show of being able to use the Force after a mere five years of age, her exasperated parents sent her to be trained as a Jedi in hopes to discipline her.

Nami excelled in her classes, especially those involving physical speed and/or Force capability. However, she tended to get in fights with other padawans, not because she started it, but because she tends to defend anyone end everyone who is being picked on. This has left her with a mixed reputation, both as a possible troublemaker, and a hero at the same time. There have actually only been very few events where Master Jedi have even seen the incidents begin, and known exactly what occurred.

Then she began taking missions. Already considered a youngster by some of her classmates, they very nearly blew up when they found out that she was going to be sent out and do small tasks that were considered easy enough for a well-trained padawan to do. After several such missions, Nami was even allowed to go off on her own once.

And it was that one time that foreshadowed a gradual downward slope in her attitude and health. She had originally been sent to deliver a special message to a contact involved in locating "black markets", but while delivering said message, she caught sight of a merchant entering a side alley with a box filled with tiny red creatures which she immediately identified as Akk Dog pups. Knowing that the trade of the creatures was illegal, she reacted on instinct and cornered the merchant. He drew his stun-gun and fired, grazing the side of her throat and leaving a small scar that can still be seen today, but Nami was otherwise unaffected as she had moved quick enough to dodge the beam. Drawing her light-saber, she bested the merchant in a close-combat fight and arrested him.

Sadly, her plan backfired. Somehow word got back to the very market that he was heading to and they moved the whole operation before the authorities could arrive, leaving her ashamed of herself, as well as her master was also disappointed in her for not begin able to complete such a simple task without messing it up. They did, however, take the merchant and sent the Akk pups back to their home-world.

All but one. Nami knew she shouldn't have, but she met eyes with one of the pups and immediately fell in love with him, and he with her. So young when he had been taken, her hadn't even imprinted on a parent figure as of yet. And when Nami first felt the tentative Force-touch of his mind, she knew she had to keep him. Vox he was to be called.

But raising an Akk dog without permission and without guidance proved to be a very hard thing indeed. Nami had to hide him, as well as feed him, which was easy to begin with. But now that he has grown too large to stay in her room, she has had to hide him in numerous places, each more complex than the last because at some point or other Vox always draws attention to himself. A voracious eater, she has had to sacrifice almost all her food and just scrounge by on one meal a day in order to keep him happy, leading to her gradual physical decline as well as attitude-wise. She is more lean and wiry than ever now, and has the tendency to snap at other padawans at times when they don't get something right. She struggles to hide her secret, but knows that it won't last forever at this rate.

Because Vox is going to have another growth-spurt soon.

Good traits: Honest, brave, and caring.
    Bad traits: overconfident, bossy, and over protective.

Force skill: 25
    Lightsaber skill: 20
    Athleticism: 25
    Technical skill: 15
    Strength: 15

7. Keitsumah

Also, LtW i would have said you can make that a reserve spot, but then Mac would need to post first to set the scene lol

8. Macaberz

@Love to Write @Keitsumah I will get my first post up today, and you can reply to that, but I don't want to steamroll too far ahead so others can join in.

9. Macaberz

@Love to Write @Keitsumah I am going to postpone this to Monday. Weekends are often quiet and I want to allow some more people to join over the weekend.

10. Keitsumah

sure lol -that'll give us more time to get out collab done anyways (but can you give us info on what the innitial incident is?) I don't want to get something wrong.

11. Macaberz

Sure gimme a sec so I can get to a computer and type it out.

12. Macaberz

It boils down to this (taken from "Plot" of the game description):

It’s night. You wake up to a loud crash. Then another, and another. The alarms go off. The skies are blazed with gunfire, the anti-air defenses of Coruscant gun down many ships, but many more break through. Soon, the streets have become the main battleground and the Sith-led invasion force is beginning to make its way towards the Jedi Temple.

Two things are important to keep in mind. First and foremost, since the Killik are a hive-mind species, the more force-attuned characters will probably sense a big, single entity composed of thousands of souls. Moreover, your character would also likely feel the dark side of the force, radiating from the present Sith. The second thing to keep in mind is that most Jedi were sent away on missions where the council thought the Sith would strike next. You are therefore hopelessly outnumbered and Coruscant's defenses are crumbling rapidly. From what you can see from your window, looking over the mega-city, the Sith and their invading forces (it's not just Killik, but humans as well) are fighting their way towards the Jedi Temple. Adding to the chaos, the alarm inside the temple goes off and the command for abandonment is given. Your objective is to get to a ship as soon as possible and escape from the temple. At the time you awake, there are no Sith or Killik in the temple, however, the building is under bombardment and if you don't hurry you might get cut off or be crushed by concrete crashing down on you.

13. Keitsumah

k. our characters are training a little before the fighting begins -so they might have a slight head start.

14. Macaberz

That's okay.

15. Keitsumah

*happy dance* you can thank me for your new player Mac!

16. Macaberz

Which one?

17. Keitsumah

@Thomas Kitchen. he said he'd be sending a CS to you shortly

18. Macaberz

What did you do to/for him? :p

Anyway, thanks, he has sent his CS.

19. Keitsumah

he asked about roleplaying (including D&D, table-roleplaying, and online), i explained that D&D is not for beginners (i play one myself and omg it still catches me at times!) and as for table-top... well you need people to do that lol.

plus our roleplay system is freindly and easy to learn. :D

20. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Hey, guys...who're you talking about? ;)

@Macaberz - can I post my character sheet here now?

21. Macaberz

Feel free.

22. Love to Write

Welcome to game T.K.

Thomas Kitchen likes this.
  23. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

Hello all... Macaberz approved me

Name: Szevor Naru (pronounced as Sh-evor) (some people call him by "Naru")
    Height: 5'9"
    Role: Jedi
    Race: Human
    Appearance: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7913/tny9.jpg by Daennika on deviantArt

History: Szevor's ancestors lived on Alderaan before it was destroyed by The Empire centuries ago. His only known family is his father, a Galactic Alliance pilot, who went missing in combat 5 years ago. Ever since then he travels from system to system searching for him.

Szevor is half blind since his accident when he was 6 years old. A downed fighter craft had broken apart in the atmosphere during a battle and part of the fragments crashed into Szevor's home. He suffered extreme burns that left him with irreparable scars and damaged vision. The Jedi Academy accepted him because they saw great potential. Eventually, Szevor learned to use the force to compensate for his vision. Though he secluded himself from others, ashamed of his appearance and his inability to connect with others, Szevor proved exceptional in missions where visibility was extremely low. He is also one of the few Jedi to train with firearms.

He became respected in the Academy but more in the sense as a watchful guard dog.

Good traits: Loyal, persistent, astute

Bad traits: Keeps to himself, can't really sympathize with others, stubborn

Force skill: 70
    Lightsaber skill: 50
    Athleticism: 40
    Technical skill: 55
    Strength: 35

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  24. Keitsumah

two of you joined now? omg i hit two birds with one stone on that didn't i? :D

25. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

sure did :p