1. Pythonforger

Pythonforger Carrier of Insanity

Interesting Writing Projects

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Pythonforger, Nov 14, 2011.

For those of you who know NaNoWriMo, this is basically "dares". Interesting writing projects are works in which you take care to incorporate or NOT to incorporate certain things. Sort of like that guy who wrote a whole novel without verbs.

I once wrote a short story with no less than 15 POVs, just for the heck of it. Another was when nobody in the story had a name.

2. FoxPaw

FoxPaw New Member

In my creative writing class, I was told to write a short story that just centered around explaining the setting. It's extremely short, but I think it's one of my best mood-setting works I've done so far. (It's a horror setting.)

3. Pythonforger

Pythonforger Carrier of Insanity

Yeah, that would definitely improve your description skill.

4. picklzzz

picklzzz New Member

i've written a few stories and the novel I'm working on where one character is in another's mind as an observer. That's kind of hard to do, and I'm working on it. The idea fascinates me for some reason.

5. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

That would be a good idea for me too, because my weakness is just that: description. I never know for how long I can go on without risking to bore ther reader, therefor I keep it short...which is bad too, I know...

6. FoxPaw

FoxPaw New Member

It's a fun project, you should give it a thought because it really does help with description. =) Incidentally, one of the things I brought up in my setting-only story were the scratch marks all over the wall that no known creature could have possibly made and that inspired a character for another story of mine. XD