Tags:
  1. NWOPD

NWOPD Administrator

HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who donated to our server fundraisers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by NWOPD, Nov 24, 2020.

We recently were facing major shortfalls in our ability to cover our hosting bill, and you guys came together to make it happen. THANK YOU to each and every one of you who helped cover our server bill for the last

You literally kept this forum online when there was a real risk of us going under.

Thank you @Stormsong07 @Auspere @Seven Crowns @NigeTheHat @Madman @Mark Burton @Night Herald @Lazaares @Birch Anderson @Thundair @Laurin Kelly @Seven Crowns @jannert @Earp @Homer Potvin @Catrin Lewis @Not the Territory @JLT plus our multiple anonymous donors and thank you to our recent Supporter subscriptions @thirdwind @DarkWoods @Madman @Naomasa298 @Malum and to everyone who's donated to a campaign or subscription in the past.

I really hope I didn't miss anybody. If I did I am so so sorry and please let me know! Thank you!

Going forward, I'm going to try to downsize our server over the next two months to a more affordable plan with similar specs. The one's I'm looking at at $100-$115/month, but I'll continue to price and compare. It's going to take a little time to make the move to a new server, but that's the plan.

Thanks guys!

2. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

Thank you! It's a pleasure to participate in such an active, friendly forum, full of creative people! And we owe it all to you and the moderators who make it possible.

Homer Potvin likes this.
  3. NWOPD

NWOPD Administrator

Thank you @JLT. I appreciate it, but it’s mostly the moderators - current and past - who’ve kept the boat afloat so long. Plus all of you supporters and core community members of course. I just planted the seed 15 years ago.

jannert and Lifeline like this.
  4. NWOPD

NWOPD Administrator

I just did some math to determine if we needed to run a partial fundraiser for December.

Of course, I knew we exceeded our goal for October/November by at least $100. In reviewing the numbers and adding two recent additions, it appears we covered the entire month of December as well, which was outside the scope of the original fundraiser.

This means our next server bill won’t be due until mid-late January.

I just wanted to post an update for the sake of transparency. Thanks again for your continued support.

jannert, Naomasa298, Lifeline and 4 others like this.