1. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole... Contributor

Character Fun/ Character Exercise

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Seraph751, May 13, 2016.

This thread is for the silly quirks or for brainstorming the less 'serious' side of our characters. This goes for traits, weapons, personality quirks, looks etc. or if you are looking for an exercise to help you deviate from the 'perfect' character then cut loose and let us get goofy! Anything goes, a word, a sentence, a short scene etc. The most important thing is to have fun with your characters!

Red & Zarek:
    A rune covered witch and a wolven companion.

She uses him as her means of transportation, braids his fur much to Zarek's consternation, and has problems judging the situation so they often have to run very quickly out of town if Zarek does not keep an eye on Red. She also tends to hang on to him. She'll ask him to catch her, and sometimes Zarek does while other times he'll side-step an airborne Red.

Red = Head in Clouds
    Zarek = Common Sense (unless angered)

During one of their arguments in the midst of a skirmish Zarek threw goblin-like creatures at Red while yelling madly at her over her inability to judge a situation. Red would carefully position herself so when she dodged the flailing creatures, they would hit other goblin-like creatures/other beings behind her.

*It can be a character description that may be a little quirky as well. Flex your mindscles (mind muscles :p) ladies and gentlemen!

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    cydney and Lifeline like this.
  2. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Couldn't resist :D

This is a 'graveyard' part of a scene and the character is scrapped, it will never be used.. so.. enjoy ;)

---------------------
    The Bard drew up proudly, assured of his riveted audience. "Me was just a young boy, detailed to herding sheep in my bit of free time. Loved it too, sheep didn't bother and stayed mostly quite, apart from their insistence on going all Baah," he truly could imitate their sounds well, "when I practiced on my flute. It disrupted my concentration something fierce, let me tell you. Don't want sheep around no more but that is not what this is all about. Well there I was before the judge and all these wizened heads and me thoughts they would never punish me if I was just an addle-wit. So I bleeked differently every time one of them asked me a question. I could see it annoyed them something and it worked too. So I did it some more. And I got off without troubles as you pleased. On the way I rifled a purse with some grand money in it too. All the fault of my sheep I reckon. Baah."
    Snickers all round and a disharmonious chorus of Baah's followed. All trying to do one better. No, they would be about it for weeks!
    "Bah, now we are all doing it, why ever did you have to do that to us?" Aldhar glowered around but couldn't help but recognise that he had used the phrase too. He huffed and joined in, trying to be the loudest and most convincing. Baah. This mood sure got to him!

A figure shaped out of the night, Petre from second neared, still with a barely healed scab on his chin. Was greeted by more Baah's and laughter.
    "Say what are you doing? We hear you even over there!"
    "Want to take a crack at imitating us? I warn you we have'd practice! Baah!" Aldhar got better too. A bit more Baah's and he could teach his little boy. There were not many men around who could do this, certainly, maybe it would set the ladies to laughing? She who laughed was charmed, it was a basic rule. Yes this surely was a worthwhile skill for him to master. "Baah!"

3. Seraph751

Lol!!!!:superlaugh:

Lifeline likes this.
  4. Lifeline

I actually tried this out but I am better with cows :D

Seraph751 likes this.
  5. Seraph751

Rofl! I can picture a bunch of grown and scruffy men in a low-lit area mooing the night away!

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Lifeline likes this.
  6. Lifeline

That was the idea :supergrin:

Seraph751 likes this.
  7. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Community Volunteer

Was that mooing or mooning?

Lifeline and Seraph751 like this.
  8. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

I tend to write bits ahead of the story. This part hasn't come up yet but I was trying to resolve an idea of Kavado's family -
    • Fey noticed the arrival of several rented cars. He wasn't the only one. Heads all over the set turned. But Kavado made a point of ignoring their honking noisy entrance and at the arms that flapped out the open windows. The procession looked like a trio of millipedes winding up the drive. Kavado continued doggedly to go over the scene even using the loudspeaker. Women exited the cars their eyes eclipsed with sunglasses giving them an aliens-as-insects look. Further enhanced by their lithe bodies and thin shanks. Kids spilled out the doors shrill and shrieking. Fey put his arms around Kavado suddenly wanting to repossess him – mine. “You're wives are here. The whole cult clan looking for their leader.”
      “Ha ha.” Kavado muttered. "little bastard." He forgot to turn off the loudspeaker.

Seraph751 likes this.
  9. Seraph751

Mooing

10. Seraph751

:supergrin:

peachalulu likes this.