1. Henry The Purple

Henry The Purple Active Member

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Henry The Purple, Apr 2, 2009.

Brilliant novel! I had the joy (and pain) of finishing this book yesterday in the library. What are your thoughts on this novel? :)

2. Forgetmenot77

Forgetmenot77 Member

I just saw the movie and it touched me something painful. I would imagine the book is even more painful.

3. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

This is on my to read list! I remember senior year of high school we had this thing in AP Lit where there was a long list of books to choose from to read and write a responsive essay on. It was one student per book. I wanted this book so much, it was my number one choice! But it was a first come first serve type thing, and this other girl got to the teacher first and picked it. -_-' So I ended up getting like my third choice, which was Brave New World. No complaints, it was an amazing book itself! But yeah, I've been meaning to get to this book for two years now, haha. This thread is actually a nice reminder for me!

Next time I go to Barnes & Noble I'm definitely making a little list so I don't forget which books I want to pick up. It always happens to me. I will know before going, but the day I actually bother going to B&N I go totally blank while browsing the aisles and trying to remember what books I wanted.

<---forgetful

4. Henry The Purple

Henry The Purple Active Member

I do love the film, but the charachters are more developed and the story comes together more smoothly in the novel. And the nurse is even a bigger witch, so cruel! :(

Inkslinger definitely get the book, they always have a copy in the classics section. you wont regret it. ;)

5. DvnMrtn

DvnMrtn Active Member

I just got this book in the mail from Amazon. I'm pretty pumped to read it :)

6. WashingtonIrving

WashingtonIrving New Member

Read it read it read it.

The film is excellent but it is one of those books that you can't imagine ever being better on the screen.

7. DvnMrtn

DvnMrtn Active Member

There's a film?! I'm pumped

8. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

I haven't seen the film yet but the book was very good. I really want to see the film though!

9. WashingtonIrving

WashingtonIrving New Member

Yeah, do. I was spoiled by reading the book first, the impact isn't quite the same.

I love Kesey actually. Has anyone here ever read Sometimes a Great Notion? Maybe my favourite book, ever. Sadly neglected by a lot of people.

10. Neverknowsbest

Neverknowsbest New Member

One of the few books I remember actually loving back in highschool. The movie is amazing aswell and is an absolute classic.
    Jack Nicholson IS McMurphy.

11. topper

topper New Member

Loved it! It's one of those books that never leaves you.