Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

The Flight of the Icarus RP

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Darkthought, Apr 12, 2008.

Name: The Flight of the Icarus

Genre: Sci-fi/Futuristic

Setting: Two main places, the Icarus and the location of the coordinates

Plot
    2132 C.E.: A strange spacecraft was discovered under the icecaps of Mars. The discovery was kept very secret, only high ranking officials and military personell of the Unified Earth (UE), the largest governing aperattus of the Earth, were made aware of its discovery. A team of scientists immediately went t work on the thing and eventually found that it had in stored in it a set of galactic coordinates. The ship itself, however, was nonfunctional. Later the same year, the discovery of the craft was declassified.
    2134 C.E.: UE Chief Director Alexi Kamrikov commisions the building of a craft with inter-stellar capabilities to reach the coordinates stored in the alien craft. The project is dubbed "Icarus" and recieves Top Secret classification. A plan is simultaneously put in action that drafts an elite team that will take the ship to the specified coordinates and serve as an advance team for whatever they might encounter. The team is set to consist of a specialized scientist, a marine fire team, and a member UESR( Unified Earth Special Reconaisannce) to keep an eye on all the others.
    2135 C.E.: The Icarus Mission begins...

Rules: Only a limited number of characters are needed. They, and brief descriptions, are as follows.

Seargent: The Squad Leader of the Icarus Fireteam, specializes in field tactics
    Corporal: The Second in Command(2iC) of the Squad, specializes in close combat
    Private First Class: Specializes in Demolitions
    Private: Specializes in sharpshooting
    Private: Specializes in communications and is new to the Special Forces.

The Scientist: Specializes in onboard computers and planetary mechanics. The is subordinate to this person as this person is the only required person for the mission. Is in charge of monitering the Icarus' complicated Automated Interstellar Travel Systems (AITS).

The Spook: This is the UESR officer. I will be playing the part of this character as it is the chief device I will use in moving the story along.

The Character Form is as follows:
    Name: (Include rank so I know what you are applying for)
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:

Please send me the Character Bios in a PM so I can single out who I want for what position if I get multiple being wanting to be the same character.

The main goal of this rp is firstly, to have fun and secondly, to tell a good story. I hope all the formalities, rules, ect. don't scare you all away.

2. Raven

Raven Banned

Game Approved.

~Raven.
    Senior Super Moderator.

3. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Quick question: I like the frame work of this RPG, but what exactly happens? Is what we encounter entirely up to us?

4. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

Well, since I'll be using one of the characters in the group to keep the story moving with every post, I figured I'd work some things in. I can't really go out and just tell everyone exactly what is going to happen because that would ruin the surprise ect. Its also bad form as a GM. The story will open with the group being introduced to each other in the Office of the Commander, the UE equivalent to the Oval Office. It would then shift to the deck of the Icarus itself and much of the journey to these mysterious galactic coordinates would focus on the interactions of the characters with one another. This will help set up speculated power struggles and rivalries. The last part will take place at the location of the coordinates and be about the mysterious thingy they find there.

5. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Thanks, sounds interesting. I think I'll send you my profile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.