1. BlueR

BlueR New Member

Description Suggestions

Discussion in 'Descriptive Development' started by BlueR, May 14, 2008.

Okay, I'm not working on it now, but I am planning on writing a novel which could be considered a cross of Anime/Manga series Dragon Ball Z, the videogame series Kingdom Hearts, and some other third thing.

In Dragon Ball Z they shoot energy balls to hurt people. In my future project I want to recreate that, but I don't know how to describe the various forms of energy.

And "He formed a ball of blue energy" sounds pretty wack. And it's not magic either.

Tips?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The Suggestions and Feedback forum is for questions and suggestions about the Writing Forums site. Therefore, I am moving this to Writing Issues -> Plot Creation.

3. BlueR

BlueR New Member

Oh sorry, I wasn't sure where I should put this.

4. UnknowingWriter

UnknowingWriter New Member

Don't take other peoples ideas/plots/character/antagonists and use them for your own. When I started to write, My story was a mix of Naruto, KH, WoW, and various other things. The result?

A really Cliche story.

I've realized that even though it may not be as cool, more original plots and ideas seem better to most. Even though I hate to say it, in my new project, I'm taking out magic for the characters, even if I don't want to.

EDIT:

To awnser your question however, you can say:

"..His face twisted in concentration a sphere of bluish crackling energy hovered above his hand, burning with white hot energy..."

5. BlueR

BlueR New Member

True, true. Since I'm not planning on actually writing it yet, I haven't come up with a plot. The name of the book will be called "Blade Masters" though.

6. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I think that a plot is the first thing you should work on- as description is something you need to worry about when you come to writing, and you can't write without a plot.