Tags:
  1. deadinbed

deadinbed New Member

The Girl Who Can't Get Past Chapter Two.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by deadinbed, Feb 20, 2008.

Well, It's rather obvious that I'm new here seeing as I'm posting here but it's just tradition to annouce that your new, that you have a name and that you have lots of likes, dislikes and ambitions- becuase that it what everyone does and they do it for a reason. Simply becuase when you start talking to someone, and you forget who the hell they are you can try and dig up their introduction thread and refresh yourself.

Which you've got to admit is a real life saver. :D

Ok, so I'm Tasha.
    Short for Natasha but if you call me Nat I will shoot you- somehow.
    I live in London(ish) but it's just easier to say London becuase everyone knows where it is.

I'm still trying to get past my 2nd chapter of my 1st novel.
    I must have written about a dozen 1st and 2nd chapters- all about different plots and characters. It seems that no matter how satsified I am with my plot, or characters, or chapter I just can't bring myself to write another chapter- you can not imagine how fustrating it is. Unless, of course, you share my problem. If you do, I feel very sorry for you, but we will get past it, eventually, hopefully.

I've seen some AMAZING pieces of writing here already and I know that I want to stick it out here until I become somewhat a member of this pretty little community- that's if you'll have me of course.

Love&Goodluck xo

2. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

If I were you, I would focus on short stories for a while. You'd be surprised how much they can help you develop into a writer.

3. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hey there Tasha and welcome to the forum.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Tasha, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Have a belated welcome Tasha, and of course we'll have you :D