1. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Happy Eid!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Charisma, Jul 28, 2014.

Hey everyone! Today (and in many parts of the world, yesterday), Muslims celebrate a religious festival, known as Eid-ul-Fitr (lit: the festival of giving). Eid-ul-Fitr is preceded by a month of fasting--I think @Mans already posted about Ramadan, so I'll just leave it at that.

Eid-ul-Fitr is one of the two religious festivals most Muslims celebrate, and it is signified by meeting up with your loved ones, exchanging gifts, and spreading joy. According to tradition (aka the compiled life and sayings of the Prophet (PBUH)), the Prophet (PBUH) might not have a new dress made for the entire year, but he would definitely have a new dress on Eid. So, it's a time of celebration--here in Pakistan, girls (such as I) put Mehndi (Henna) on our hands--it so happens I'm wearing it as I type this! Thank God for keyboard protectors. XD And whoever invented them.

Eid is a day of solidarity and hope, even in trying times. I guess it's seen more of an excuse for vacations by some, but it can be the most important day of the year, too, if one decides to use it as a launch pad into a positive outlook and better future. I pray such is the case--I pray it is the first of many happy starts to the day in the lives of all my brothers and sisters.

Anyway...happy Eid, fellas! Evenifyoudon'tcelebrateit.

NB: This is me sharing myself with my forum pals. Kindly, don't turn it into anything else. :-D

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Happy Eid to all the Muslims here!

3. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

Well, I am glad to meet you Charisma so happy. I think you forgot to inform people that Fetr celebration is the end of Ramadan month and it is a great day relative to it (although it is the first day of the next month). It is a festival for all Muslims but particularly for those Muslims that succeeded to fast in Ramadan.
    Now they are clean from every fault that existed between them and forgiver God. They have been the guests of God for one month and tolerated the discomfort of fast, hunger, thirst and languor.
    Some Muslims fasted as a divinely obligation , but the most of Muslims fasted because of feeling love to God. In other word, they love the difficulties of fast in Ramadan.
    They feel a particular happiness and lightness after that, their soul and body cleaned from junk things by fast. Now they feel that they are more stronger (spiritually) and healthy. They feel that they have been succeeded to do the task that God devolved them and heaven is nearby them. This is a part of faith.
    Anyhow, Eid does mean an specified and defined day that people celebrate and meet each other happily, similar to a festival.
    I congratulate you and other Muslims people in Pakistan, Charisma [​IMG]:)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Charisma likes this.
  4. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Thank you :)

Well, I have you inform everyone, so I guess it's all right :D Thank you @Mans, Happy Eid to you too and all your fellows in Iran. :)

Mans likes this.
  5. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Happy Eid to our Muslim friends!

Charisma and Mans like this.