1. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Diving back in

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by naturemage, Dec 24, 2019.

Hello all. It's been a long time since I've legitimately spent time on this site, but I'm jumping back into my writing. 2019 wasn't a great year for it. Though i got some stuff done, i have to admit I'm not happy i let myself go.
    Mostly what got me was travel for my job and then I was also playing MTG Arena every night for 2 hours. I decided to make the change in my lifestyle for 2020, so I'm making writing a bigger part of my day this coming year.

Alan Aspie and Steve Rivers like this.
  2. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

I'm much the same, Nature. I made the decision to be pro-active an told myself "Okay, no gaming hours in the week, I write in the week. Then, as reward for being a good little writer during the week, I get my gaming in on the weekend."

Making it target and reward-related helps motivate and focus me. But that is personal preference at the end of the day.

(NOTE TO SELF - Included in contract, the 'Weekend' shall also be defined by and include the following - Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, Birthday, Bank Holidays, and those really really hottest days of the year, when there isn't a cloud in the sky and I need sun for my Vitamin D intake.) :D