1. huskies

huskies Member

Do any of you believe in witches and vampires?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by huskies, Jan 9, 2012.

I know this is a random question, but i once read that every fictional story stems from a truth.

So are there magical creatures in the real world or are they just in the books that we read?

2. Jhunter

Jhunter Mmm, bacon. Contributor

More like stems from a myth or exaggeration.

But no, I do not believe in vampires. At least the kind with powers and immortality. There are plenty of people out there who drink blood.

However, there are self-professed witches and warlocks living today. Do I believe they exist? Yes. Do I believe they have magical powers? No.

3. huskies

huskies Member

So where do the myths come from??

Are they born from someones imagination or was there really something that came back from the dead?

I watched a documentry on it and they had found graves where people had been buried with stones in there mouths and staked through the heart so they must of believed and doesnt it make you wonder what made them go to those lengths.

4. Jhunter

Back in olden times people were very prone to believing just about anything. Mostly because of misplaced fear and ignorance.

Stories become myths --> myths become legends --> legends become exaggerations --> exaggerations become fear and ignorance to our fellows in the past --> old fears and ignorance becomes warped modern day myths (of old myths) and fiction novels

5. huskies

huskies Member

Im having this conversation on another forum as well and i have actually met a witch that can move things with her mind lol

I know that she proberbly having me on but its a mothering forum so im not to sure i know that she really believes she can move things with her mind.

I have also been told that most of the vampire legends come from Vlad the Impaler after the brutal ways he treated people.

I find it all so fasinating there must still be people out there that truly believe and hunt for them just like there are people that hunt for big foot and the lockness monster.

6. Jhunter

Vlad is indeed a big part of the vampire mythos.

However, Big Foot and Lockness are much more plausible than witches and vampires. There is many animal species we have yet to document and see in the world.

Especially in the ocean and the Amazon. So you never know; but it is still most likely an exaggeration that is now passed on to other generations.

7. huskies

huskies Member

So mermaids may just exist lol

8. Jhunter

Let us hope so. I have had a crush on Ariel since I was a wee-little-lad.

9. huskies

huskies Member

you see hercules was my big crush growing up.

10. Jhunter

Nice.

11. Question

Question Active Member

I don't really believe in such things, but it would make the world more interesting.

12. SunnyDays

SunnyDays New Member

Yes I think there are such a thing as witches, aka devil worshipers. They are normally demon possessed, so in that way they have "power." They are known to levitate things. This is written about in the book 'She Said Yes" I have heard a stories of a lady who has demons inside her who could stop bullets from killing her.

I do believe there used to be giants as in David and Goliath. Also I believe in Centaurs, since in the book 'Heaven is for Real" A young boy spends a bit of time in heaven when he almost died. He said in heaven there are horse bodies with humans heads and human bodies with horse heads. I think the second would be a strange combination.

I don't know about vampires, I'd assume they are demons.

I like this topic. cool subject.

13. SunnyDays

SunnyDays New Member

Then there's all sorts of bible creatures
    Isaiah 34:7
    King James Version (KJV)
    7And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

Genesis 6:1-4
    And it happened, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and when daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were good. And they took wives for themselves from all whom they chose. And Jehovah said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, in his erring; he is flesh. Yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days. And also after that, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore to them, they were mighty men who existed of old, men of renown.

(Sons of God meaning angels, angels mating with women)

14. Jhunter

Wicca and satanists are two completely different things.

15. huskies

huskies Member

I can see why people think practising witches are evil however i think people that class there selfs as paga also class there self as a witch but i wouldnt call them evil they mainly meditate and try and conect with nature.

Im not really big on religion so dont believe in the devil strange i know as im talking about mermaids and vampires.

I would love to meet a vampire hunter someone who really believes and understand what led them to the way they think.

16. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

I believe in vampires and magic as much as I believe in God or aliens - it would be great/interesting if they existed and I am not discounting the possibility, but I don't know.
    Witches, as practitioners of Wicca are perfectly real, but flying on a broomstick, again, not sure. Witches are not devil wprshippers or satanists, they don't even believe there is such a thing as the devil.

17. Jhunter

I can understand you not believing in almost all of that.

But aliens? There has to be other life out there. I am not saying any have to come earth or anything like that. But I mean come on; the universe is massive.

If we are all products of evolution than how can you say there is no other evolution out there? Especially when there is a ridiculous amount of planets we have never even seen.

18. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

Satanists don't worship the devil....

19. Jhunter

I am failing to see the part of her post where she says that they are.

20. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

This topic reminds me of the sad fact that sometimes people are murdered because they're thought to be witches or sorcerers (this happens mostly in African and Middle Eastern cultures).

21. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

Double post.

* Double Facepalm*

22. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

Sorry, Dyslexia kicked in.

*Facepalm*

No wait, I reread it, she said: "Witches are not devil wprshippers or satanists, they don't even believe there is such a thing as the devil."

Am I being too pedantic here?

23. Jhunter

If she didn't include both devil worshipers and satanists I would agree.

24. Mobhit

Mobhit New Member

I am a Witch! and PS the Term warlock is fully fictional, I am a Male and I am a Witch

Telepathy is Very real, but doesn't associate with Witchcraft (unless the telepathic happens to be a Witch)

That's kinda Fishy hehe!:D

25. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

I'm sorry did you just say telepathy is real? As non verbal non physical communication?