1. Hayden

Hayden New Member

Trying to track down a short story for film making purposes.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hayden, Jan 9, 2012.

Hi everyone, I'm a writer/game artist/multimedia guy. I haven't been on here in years.

Anyway, a while back when I was studying writing at a TAFE, I read this amazing australian, short story. I've wanted to adapt it into a short film for a while now.

From what I remember, its about these two australians who were driving through the outback on a really hot day. They find this water tank out there and decide to jump in to cool off. They don't realize that there's no way for them to climb out until after they jump in. I think they both drowned in it.

It was an amazing story. I'm pretty sure the author was an australian and it won some short story awards.

I have no idea who wrote it or what short story collection it was in. Does anyone know the story or have any good ideas how to track it down? I plan to try and contact the author and gain permission to adapt it for film.

thanks.

-Hayden.

2. Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga Member

Hi, did some research, it's by an author called Peter Goldsworthy and the story is called 'The Kiss'. Looks like a director called Ashlee Page has done a pretty successful adaptation, turning the boys into girls. Looks like a good story- want to track it down now.

3. Hayden

Hayden New Member

Damn it! Ah well. At least I know who write it. Will re-read it anyway. Thanks for the effort.

4. Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga Member

Maybe try trawling through this forum and writingforums.com for a short, original piece that's easy to adapt and shoot- there's bound to be something and I'm sure the author will be happy just for the exposure if you're shooting on a guerrilla budget. Good luck :)

5. Hayden

Hayden New Member

Yeah, I might do that.