1. J. McGrath

J. McGrath New Member

Location, Location, Location

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by J. McGrath, Feb 19, 2014.

Okay, so a thread was recently started about what TV shows and movies make you write. Well, that got me thinking: what locations make you write?
    For some reason, any time I go to the beach, I can write freely and without any kind of block. This is awesome since I'll be moving to Hawaii this summer for at least three years--(yay military spouse perks)--and I'll be literally surrounded by beaches.

Any locations that make you guys write? Any places you think writers should try to go to get out of their block?

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Just as an FYI, check out the cabins for rent at Bellows AFB. The beach is ridiculously awesome and there's a good 2 - 3 mile stretch that belongs to the base, so it's private insomuch as it's just military personnel. Many a happy childhood weekend was spent there. It's great. :)

Scroll down a bit on this page and you'll see some pics of the cabins (really small houses) and the accommodations.

http://airforce.togetherweserved.com/usaf/newsletter2/1/newsletter.html

3. J. McGrath

J. McGrath New Member

AHH, I'M EVEN MORE EXCITED NOW!

4. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Lucky!
    I like to pick a spot sometimes (park, mall, parking lot ) and just observe & eavesdrop.

5. J. McGrath

J. McGrath New Member

^This. That's one of my favourite things to do in the whole world. There are so many crazy conversations I've heard. I've used quite a few of the things I've heard in public in my writing. Not only does it help with dialogue, but it really satisfies my nosiness.

peachalulu likes this.