1. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Molly is 8 next month

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by erebh, May 18, 2020.

Molly is 8 next month. I took her and Finn, her 5 year old brother, to the miracles springs, california. On the way, well.. just past but still tecnically on the way, we'd an emergency Burgerking stop in Bodfish on the ridge of a mountain, part of the Sequoia National Park.

Further down Main Street - the only street - was a small park behind an amphibious ww2 machine and a tank apparently a remnant from Vietnam.

The unchallenged wind swept across the mountain top like a wave across the sea and Molly's fries flew. Finn grabbed his in time. We tilted our bodies to protect our food but we still had to climb the ladders and take shelter in a chute high above the first rung and we looked gleefully through the portholes to the sand below.

Teetering on the edge Molly could no long resist and looked at me, her eyes alight with readiness to slide and before I could say, "Put on your coat it's windy," she said, "Daddy you don't feel the wind when you have fun in you."

We continued about our day which was fun and quite eventful for the solitary time we're in right now and both Molly and Finn have returned to their mom and I sit here looking through pictures on my phone smiling.

I don't have a physical image of that brief time eating in the head of the chute but I remember her words and I wonder if she has any idea what she said.

Molly is 8 next month.

Some Guy and SethLoki like this.
  2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Frame that and give it to her on her 18th birthday.