1. frigocc

frigocc Contributor Contributor

How Do You Protect Your Work Posted For Critique From Plagiarism Detector Software?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by frigocc, May 1, 2019.

There are some places, like here, where you can't link to a Google Doc or any external place. You have to paste the text here. Of course, that means that any simple google search of your work will bring someone to your thread. If there's a publishing house that runs software to detect plagiarism, or, if they considered that work to now be "published," it won't bode well for your chances of getting a contract.

So what are some ways (particularly on here and on Reddit) to avoid the text itself being searchable, and to avoid the detection of plagiarism detectors? I just want to post a good portion of my work for critique, while still being able to get a book contract.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

I don't know about Reddit, but a lot of writing forums have their critique sections protected from search engine web crawlers, so the text isn't caught by them. This one should as well.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yes, the Workshop is shielded from web crawling.