1. Vespers

Vespers New Member

Inkdeath

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Vespers, Jul 4, 2011.

I started the Inkheart series about a month ago, I'm half-way through Inkdeath right now (Cornelia Funke being the author), and though I still don't find myself being a particular fan of the series, as I often argue back and forth in my head whether or not I am being uplifted or just torn-down by the books, something about them has kept me power-reading them through three books now. Perhaps it's the consistent character development and continually compounding Inkworld that is so vividly described... or perhaps something entirely different that I'm missing?

Anyone else read the series?

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I read it. The first one was my favorite. The other two were kind of a letdown.

3. lemurkat

lemurkat New Member

I loved them - the evocative language and the world. I think I need to re-read them to see if I can recapture that feeling. There's been enough ambiguity on whether they are good or not to make me want to re-experience them.

Her latest "Reckless" is terrible, however. It sounded good but whether it's poor translated or just rushed, I don't know. Very disappointing.

4. Fei

Fei New Member

I read it and I didn't particularly like it, but I still couldn't keep myself from rocketing through all three books. I don't know what it was-well written, I guess. There was something there, anyways.

5. whitefairy24601

whitefairy24601 New Member

I read the first book when it came out. I devoured it then, along with the other two books. I agree in the fact that there is something about the series. Whenever I pick up one of my tattered copies and look through them I remember something that happened when I read them- maybe because Meggie said the same thing. It was sort of like a comfort series for me.
    Even though it was fantasy there was something real about it. So yes, I have read and loved the series. Except for Doria. I couldn't stand him.