1. Fragger

Fragger New Member

[Formal]Continue the story game.

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Fragger, May 22, 2008.

In this thread, we continue a story, not just a story. It's a story where we write it together. the Writing Forums story!

Make it formal. Not just random spamming like "Cogito had AIDS.". It can be mixed. Like, horror, sci-fi, romance, fantasy, etc.

So, I'll start.
    -

Once upon a time, in a system near Earth. An old emperor was sitting on his thrown. The man was deep in thought...

2. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

because he wasn't sure how to go about passing down his thrown to next ruler. It is true that he had a lot of...

3. Fragger

Fragger New Member

... daughters and no sons. He wanted a son to rule his empire. He sighed heavily and looked on to the balcony. Perhaps some fresh air would clear his mind. He stood up and walked to it. His steps echoed down the corridors as he made his way. When he reached the balcony, a knock came from his door.

It was his Royal Adviser, Lok-ma, or, rather by his preferred nickname, High Vizier.

4. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

High Vizier was a welcome sight, for it was always nice when visited by such a positive presence.

"Have you found a suitable heir yet my Lord?" Vizier asked.

"Hmm...nothing...my daughters can't obtain position of this throne, I forbid it."

Emperor Korg was faced with a choice he could ignore his daughters or give the eldest what was rightfully hers...but his pride couldn't justify that decision.

High Vizier politely offered another idea...

5. Fragger

Fragger New Member

"How about we 'elect' a ruler?"

"Election? Are you mad?" the emperor sniped

"My lord," said the Vizier in a persuasive tone " we can offer requirement to the election... Say... Male only?"

The emperor...

6. AWR

AWR New Member

... pondered the words of his old friend, staring out over the town that nestled against the flanks of the hills. Lights shone in the windows and he knew his people would be sharing the evening meal together.

Soon, when the great brass bell of the temple sounded, they would halt their meal and turn to embrace each other, laughing and slapping each other in a nightly ritual that had lasted centuries. His were a good people, strong and civilised.

He knew he owed it to them to find a successor that they deserved.

7. Fragger

Fragger New Member

"So be it." He said hesitantly "I'll let the people decide who is best to rule..."

Little did the 2 men know, the emperor's eldest daughter have been listening through the door. She was taught proper etiquette of course, but, they missed the part about eavesdropping on conversations.

She gasped when she heard of the word "election" and she nearly lost her breath when her father agreed to it.

8. Bick

Bick New Member

(I was thinking, just a suggestion. I'm finding it really hard to read like this. But maybe we can put all the entries down into your post, so it's more like a story? It's muck easier to read that way. Also bold the ones from before and italicize the part that you're putting down so you can differentiate them? [Just a suggestion, btw. Ignore me if it's completely stupid.])

Once upon a time, in a system near Earth. An old emperor was sitting on his thrown. The man was deep in thought because he wasn't sure how to go about passing down his thrown to next ruler. It is true that he had a lot of daughters and no sons. He wanted a son to rule his empire. He sighed heavily and looked on to the balcony. Perhaps some fresh air would clear his mind. He stood up and walked to it. His steps echoed down the corridors as he made his way. When he reached the balcony, a knock came from his door.

It was his Royal Adviser, Lok-ma, or, rather by his preferred nickname, High Vizier.

High Vizier was a welcome sight, for it was always nice when visited by such a positive presence.

"Have you found a suitable heir yet my Lord?" Vizier asked.

"Hmm...nothing...my daughters can't obtain position of this throne, I forbid it."

Emperor Korg was faced with a choice he could ignore his daughters or give the eldest what was rightfully hers...but his pride couldn't justify that decision.

High Vizier politely offered another idea.

"How about we 'elect' a ruler?"

"Election? Are you mad?" the emperor sniped

"My lord," said the Vizier in a persuasive tone " we can offer requirement to the election... Say... Male only?"

The emperor pondered the words of his old friend, staring out over the town that nestled against the flanks of the hills. Lights shone in the windows and he knew his people would be sharing the evening meal together.

Soon, when the great brass bell of the temple sounded, they would halt their meal and turn to embrace each other, laughing and slapping each other in a nightly ritual that had lasted centuries. His were a good people, strong and civilized.

He knew he owed it to them to find a successor that they deserved.

"So be it." He said hesitantly "I'll let the people decide who is best to rule..."

Little did the 2 men know, the emperor's eldest daughter have been listening through the door. She was taught proper etiquette of course, but, they missed the part about eavesdropping on conversations.

She gasped when she heard of the word "election" and she nearly lost her breath when her father agreed to it.

The young woman ran from the door just as her father walked out, she curtsied and walked off. She went to her room, and locked the door behind her. She opened the chest from under her bed, and took out her ex-fiancé’s clothing. She placed it on top of her clothes and looked in the mirror. They would fit her with some padding. She could look like a man. She sighed. She knew this was perfectly insane but she would be the best ruler because…

9. Fragger

Fragger New Member

(It's just like an RP. Except you have to read it from the top. Your idea is Bandwidth taking but I like the italicize part)

... she had taken politics during her early age and practiced during her 16th birthday. During that birthday, it was a productive reign.

A loud noise came from outside her bedroom. It was her youngest sister. She was playing with a toy laser gun if would hit a special armor would count as a hit and the score would be shown on the top. She played with other noble boys more often than girls and she seemed to be a pro at the laser-tag game. After the timer ran out, she had the highest score.

"Yay! I finally beat Edwin's score!"
    The rest of her playmates, except Edwin we're happy for her.

The eldest daughter looked at the entire event and inspiration came upon her. Her sister could defeat a male. Why not her?

10. Terra Valentine

Terra Valentine New Member

She was just as capable as they, was she not? What made men more superior? Besides, she knew that there were plenty of weenies out there that she was stronger and more intelligent than. THis made her more confident.

A sudden thought struck her...