1. Jessicalove08

Jessicalove08 New Member

Two ideas, but are they right?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Jessicalove08, Nov 4, 2008.

I have two ideas for the same story. But I'm not sure if they are good together. I'm writing about a love triangle between Amanda, Mia, and Daniel. But there's a problem, one of the characters is a vampire, one is a witch and the final character is a lesbian. I'm not sure if I should blend in the part of the vampire. When do you think I should mention that Daniel is a vampire? I mean when do you think is a good place to put that. I'm thinking of making this a 28 chapter book, but what really bugs me is how to approach this. I mean what do you think? Is there any vampire books that seem similar? I've heard of Twilight, but I'm not sure if that's a good example. So the real question is do you think being overly direct is good or to be a little discret about it?

2. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I just had to quote cogito

Got with your gut feeling, its your story, you have to know whats right for you rather than just follow what others feel (its not their story)

3. Jessicalove08

Jessicalove08 New Member

Thanks, god I feel embarrassed now for asking it. I must totally sound mentally challenged. Thanks again.

4. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

You have no need to feel so, and mentally challenged you are not ;)

Just, if you have an idea think it through, spend some time an d you'll figure out what you want. A gut feeling and so forth. If you have an idea and feel strongly for it, no matter what you choose, if you want it to work it can.

I just wouldnt want you to become confused with multiple opinions giving you both answers....that wouldnt actually help solve anything at all, except blow your mind more.

Have confidence in your ability to make the right choices and you'll do so (and at the end of the days its only as good as you feel it is, not others).

Or so how i feel.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It's not a "mentally challenged" question, but it is one which is commonly asked. It's just not productive, and that's why I have a template response to it, so kindly provided by Speedy.