1. aimeefriedland

aimeefriedland Banned

Allow me to Introduce myself! *bows*

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by aimeefriedland, Jun 23, 2007.

Allow me to introduce myself!
    I'm Aimee Friedland. Originally from Tucson, AZ but have been living in St. Petersburg, Russia for the past year and a half

On this website you will find galleries of my photographs, writing, and other links.

I am an [undergrad] student at St. Petersburg State University in coalition with Bard College. I wanted to transfer to either Bard or NYU for the 2007-2008 academic year, but I was rejected. So at this point it looks like wherever I go, I will have to enroll in a community college, and then hopefully transfer to a state school after a year.

Where do I go? Currently I live in a city of almost 5 million, which is too much for me. However, I would like to remain in a semi-cosmopolitan environment, if at all possible. Also it would be wonderful if I could find Russians and other Eastern Europeans to communicate with.

More about me: I'm a member of the "LGBT" community and would like to live in a city with lots of opportunities for meeting others like me, I love writing and filmmaking (both of which I need to improve upon), and lastly - I'm poor! I live off of $500 a month in Russia, which includes rent, transportation, food, and entertainment. I know that this won't fly in America.. but if possible it'd be nice to live somewhere where I won't have to starve to pay the bills.

Thank you!

2. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Welcome aimee! It's great you found us, now St Petersburg ounds equally exciting and tough, I hope that it works out for you buyt it could continue to be a great experience, if not at the time, perhaps in the future for inspiration for your writing and films.

Any questions let us know, those with coloured usernames are a good bet. If you'd like reviews on pieces take the time to get t know some members and offer your thoughts on similar pieces which will encourage others to share their thoughts on yours.

Hope you enjoy the site (and beat starvation obviously!)

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

welcome to the site Aimee!! it is nice to see a new face around here. please feel free to join in our many discussions and word games, and post some of your work up in our writing sections. if you ever want anything critiquing then please feel free to PM and i'll be more than happy to take a look.
    Heather

4. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome to Wf Aimee. If youi have an questions issues please feel free to PM me.

~Raven.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Aimee, and welcome to the forums. You certainly must have some fascinating perspectives, having been immersed it two such diverse cultures.

I see you have already posted a few samples of your writing, although I have not yet read them. I hope you will also become involved in the other areas of the site, such as the discussion threads on writing and publishing issues, the weekly writing challenges, and not least, the chat and game forums where members interact and get to know one another.

I'm very glad to meet you, and hope you find what you need here. Most importantly, have fun!

6. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

lol your introduction at the start reminded me of the monoreal guy from the Simpsons!

Welcome:)

7. aimeefriedland

aimeefriedland Banned

Yeah

8. aimeefriedland

aimeefriedland Banned

thanx

9. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site :) I look forward to seeing you around,,,

10. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum and I hope you have a wonderful time here in our little community

Tor

11. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Welcome!

12. aimeefriedland2

aimeefriedland2 Banned

what happened to my other thread?

13. BarbP

BarbP New Member

Hello

Hello! My name is Barbara Personett. I live in Indiana and work for an electrical company where I enter data and write computer programs. Besides writing, I have traveled to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Caribbean, France, Spain and Italy. The traveling has included fourteen cruises.

I am very interested in writing and in the past have written a few short stories. My writing interest mainly centers on history, romance or current events.

At present, I am brushing up on my English skills and taking some online beginners writing courses.

Barbara :)

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello, Barbara, and welcome to the Writing Forums.

I too write computer programs professionally, but I have not travelled as widely as you. That sounds like a good basis or some fascinating stories.

Hopefully, you have taken the opportunity to look around the site. In case you haven't yet, the Lounge and the Word Games are excellent places to meet a number of the members and get to know one another. The Weekly Writing Group offers challenges to stretch your writing skills for fun, and the General Writing area contains discussions of writing and publishing tips and questions.

Finally, the Review Room, divided by writing vategory, is where members post short works and excerpts from longer ones for suggestions on how to improve their writing. I recommend reading some submissions and reviews before posting your own work for review, so you have a good idea what to expect. Also, posting your own comments on someone else's work is a good way to get them to put some effort into reviewing your work.

So enjoy what we have to offer, including our strange and wacky crowd, and have fun!