1. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems

(Un)Retired Superheroes

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Erik-the-Enchanter!, Jul 4, 2016.

Time to take up your capes and get shit done.

Post your template here after approval by the GM.

Evil is about to get taught a lesson, old-school style.

[​IMG]

2. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

[​IMG]

Dad Bod Box Man

Powers: With the power of white lies, infinite hugs, and near-indestructibility.

Weakness: Cream horns, season five of MLP:FIM, and your irritating millennial attitude.

"Villians, I'm going to put my pain in your soul. Kids, Get the F back in bed."

3. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Dad Bod Box Man's arch nemesis must be Nagging Wife Sweater Woman.

4. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

REAL NAME/ALIAS:
    Danny Richards AKA That man who feeds the pigeons AKA Pigeon man
    AGE (30 & up):
    CATEGORY:
    Enhanced, when some scientists were experimenting on the abilities of pigeons, Danny fell through the roof that should have been replaced by years ago and woke up in hospital like this. Goodness knows what they were doing to the pigeons.
    POWERS:
    1) Head Sat Nav- He can always get anywhere so even dumping him somewhere won't hinder him.
    2) Low frequency hearing- This allows Danny to here on coming storms, earthquakes and other low frequency things.
    3) Flight- After a lot of faffing about (preening as he calls it), he can make his arms sprout feathers and can fly at really high altitudes and speeds (just like pigeons)
    SKILLS:
    Making food last a really long time. Got a mean head butt guaranteed to knock you out.
    APPEARANCE:
    Danny has a mop of hair and bags under his eyes. He wears a brown (originally cream) duffel coat and old jeans. He basically looks like he has never been to sleep.
    WEAPON/S (If any):
    A pen knife.
    OTHER:
    Danny has a pigeon named Joey who he dotes on. Danny's house is the top flat in a block. Never pays the rent. His income is through busking with his guitar.

5. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    I've approved some other characters and they will be posting soon. Nice first posts, guys!!!

6. ManOrAstroMan

ManOrAstroMan Magical Space Detective Contributor

REAL NAME/ALIAS:
    Jacob Craft, aka Maestro
    AGE (30 & up):
    CATEGORY:
    Mystic
    POWERS:
    1) Flash Mob - like the Pied Piper, he has the ability to use music to override the thoughts and control the behavior of those in earshot. Animals are no challenge, but sentient beings, like humans, require more effort, and often more complex music than a single person can produce, but it is doable. In an odd quirk, even technically deaf living things can be controlled, as he once saved a hospital by piping a plague out of the patients, though the effort nearly put him into a coma.
    2) Dissonance - he is able to shatter objects and inflict pain with sound.
    3) Lullabye - can use music to render those in earshot unconscious. Used on a large group, the result is simple sleep, or he can focus on an individual and put them into a coma.
    SKILLS:
    A skilled musician; accomplished, if not expert, in hand-to-hand combat; decent marksman
    APPEARANCE:
    A nice looking man who's kept himself in shape, despite middle age; thick black hair gone mostly silver; green eyes; clothing has lots of pockets for carrying musical implements. His costume's signature colors back in the day were green and purple
    WEAPON/S (If any):
    Carries musical instruments, such as a harmonica or ocarina with him at all times, but isn't above using a handgun or retractable baton in a pinch.
    OTHER:
    A natural-born Mystic, he was once told his abilities came from a mysterious force called The Narrative, which ensures there is always someone to carry the legacy of figures such Snow White, Red Riding Hood, and, in Jacob's case, the Pied Piper.
    He retired from superheroics when the mother of his son--the product of his questioning youth, before he fully accepted his sexuality--died, and he became a full-time parent.
    When the strange letter arrived, his now-adult son had graduated college and was moving in with his girlfriend.

Erik-the-Enchanter! likes this.
  7. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

REAL NAME/ALIAS: Timothy Taft AKA The man with no discernible talent AKA That Guy Over There AKA Hey You
    AGE (30 & up): 32
    CATEGORY:???
    POWERS: Things just happen to go his way. E.G when stopping a mugging, the criminal would trip.
    SKILLS: He makes a mean piece of toast.
    APPEARANCE: Tim has brown hair and brown eyes. He looks remarkably plain to the point where no one really notices him.

WEAPON/S (If any): Coincidence

OTHER: When he's around computers, turning it on and off again will always work.

8. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

REAL NAME/ALIAS:
    Emma Blue aka Sapphire
    AGE (30 & up):
    CATEGORY:
    Enhanced
    POWERS:
    1) Telekinesis- No limits as to what she can carry, no weight nor mass, she can only use it if the thing/item she is trying to carry, has blue on it, or an affinity with the color blue. Nonliving and inanimate objects/items only. She can not change the properties of any items, but she can affect them. For example, if she has a glove, she can use her telekinetic energy to make it erect and firm as if a human hand were actually in it.
    2) Mental Manipulation- Can show the persons fear in reality. Such as an illusion, with full senses and memory.
    3) Mind Reading- Is able to read minds, whenever she is touching the persons forehead, she will only have access to the thoughts they are currently thinking, and she will not be able to probe thier mind. Sapphire can also sense minds, like how you know a misquote is there due to its buzzing.
    SKILLS:
    Smart, and good with technology. Has a affinity with the color blue. Agile, but not a gymnast. Strong, but not superstrong. Has a grip like iron.
    APPEARANCE:
    Blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, like ice, has a pale complexion, red lips, wears a white shirt with white pants and a blue belt. Has a blue leather jacket, worn from years of use. Has gloves, pure white except for the blue on the fingertips.
    WEAPON/S (If any):
    None
    OTHER:
    She Is always a little angry, no siblings, orphaned at the age of 7 was experimented on at age 16 by Doctor Shfeild.(Pronounced: Sh-veeled) Gained powers, was considered dangerous, so they troed to kill her. She escaped and started new life. She had a son, and had a husband but both are dead, along with her family. Sapphire is afraid of bombs and labs, hates all doctors and scientists. She joined a club in her youth, for enhanced individuals.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  9. ManOrAstroMan

Erik, a couple of questions:
    *how much of the Stronghold was destroyed? This would likely have been seen on the news.
    *who were the members of the League? I get if this is something to be revealed in-game, but it makes sense for the public to know who they were. Not secret identities, of course, but the way the general public knows that Captain America, Iron Man, etc, are in the Avengers.

10. gibble410

I have some questions.
    1). Did any other hero's survive?
    2). Are we supposed to figure out how the stronghold was destroyed?

11. gibble410

He must wear socks with sandels!

12. ManOrAstroMan

Oh! (And sorry to bombard you with questions.) How many other super teams are there? Or was the League the first of its kind?

13. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Most of the Stronghold was destroyed. Mainly the front hall, where all the superheroes were gathered when the missile struck. I was gonna reveal the members of the League when we finally look at the security footage, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you here:

Strong-Arm, leader of the League of Heroes, an Enhanced soldier with super strength and super healing. Fought with a baton.

Sharpshooter, a highly skilled shooter, Superhuman, used a pair of handguns and an old-fashioned wood-handled pistol that once belonged to his grandfather.

Arianrhod, a Divinity from old Welsh mythology, came to earth thousands of years ago and fell in love with humanity and decided to stay, has super strength, super healing, can fly, conjure and manipulate fire, and uses a giant spear in battle.

Hat Man, a mysterious hero who wears a long trench coat, blacked-out sunglasses and a large black hat that hides his face, can fight almost as good as Silhouette, is an extremely talented detective, and has the ability to turn into a shadow and phase through solid objects, no one knows if he is an Enhanced, a Mutant or a Mystic.

So there they are. Also, there are other superhero teams, but none of them are in Fortress City and none of them are as powerful and fearsome as the League of Heroes.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    ManOrAstroMan and gibble410 like this.
  14. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Oh, and yes, Silhouette is the only one whose body was not found after the Stronghold was bombed.

15. gibble410

Arianhod is God, right? Invincible?

16. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Not invincible, she can be hurt. Divinities can be killed just like a normal person, they just have very long lifespans.

17. gibble410

Ah OK.A

18. obi-sem kenobi

obi-sem kenobi Senior Member

Ready to join the brawl. I just hope I can keep up with the amazing speed this thing is going!

REAL NAME/ALIAS:
    John Wilson, aka The Traveller
    AGE (30 & up):
    CATEGORY:
    Superhuman
    POWERS:
    None.
    EQUIPMENTS:
    Small explosives varying from smokebombs and flashbangs to hard-hitting damage dealers, in the shape of cufflinks, coat buttons, aglets and the like.
    SKILLS:
    In his travels John has met many interesting people who have taught him a wide variety of skills and knowledge. For example, he is the quickest draw known (on earth anyway), an excellent gunman, and knows his way around hand-to-hand combat. He has also learned a great deal of history, literature, has come in contact with more different cultures than any living man, he philosophies and analyses, but despite all this he still has a very naïve personality. In a world of fallen heroes and a lacklustre people, he is one of the few kind, good men left.
    APPEARANCE:
    Though small in his youth, he has now grown to be a normal sized, all-round average man with friendly looking features, even if not particularly attractive. He’s not handsome, but anyone with a heart will look straight through that and like him from the start. He still has something of that boy left in him that we all believe we lost.
    He wears a long coat and a big straw hat. Around his waist is a gun belt with a very futuristic, yet rustic looking gun.
    WEAPON/S (If any):
    Apart from his miniature bombs, he just carries his blaster that he got from the wife of an old space-warrior that died a long time ago. It’s a laser weapon, firing single short beams. It is known as one of the best guns in the galaxy. Only a few of them were ever made.
    OTHER:
    John’s biggest asset though is his big heart. He cares for people in a way that most people of this day and age have lost.
    When he still a child he made a journey through the stars with only one travel companion. On his return, he decided to help people out any way he could, but after a decade he left again to travel to the planet where he left his companion behind. Now, somehow receiving the message -S send, he finds it is time to return to earth and protect the people he loves.
    Added note: he used to be poor, so he knows how that feels like too.

19. gibble410

Congrats and thanks for joining!

20. obi-sem kenobi

Wait, I'm confused. We are still actually fighting miss Le Fay, who is blocking your only exit, right?

21. gibble410

No, my character attacked her, and we fled into the street. That is where we all are currently at.

22. obi-sem kenobi

Oh, ok. I kind of had the feeling that attack didn't really impress her enough to allow for an opening, or that she was the kind of villain you could easily run away from... But maybe I'm overthinking it.

23. gibble410

Lol, we are waiting for Erik, because it basically happened in the attack for a moments distraction and escape. Silhouette is going to take us to a safe place.

24. obi-sem kenobi

But before she does, there is still an evil Arthurian witch breathing in our necks right? Because if not, I'll have to edit my first post. I kinda figured you were all still facing off Morgana in the corridor, so that's why I had John introduce himself to her first, seeming as how he came from the other side of the door she was blocking, but if we are already outside of her reach that doesn't make much sense anymore :p

25. gibble410

Oh, lol, I thought u were introducing urself to me! And u probably should edit ur post, if ya don't mind. Edit it to make sense that U came and found us on the street, tried to talk to me, and then Pigeon Man (Danny) replied, and told u were silhouette was and such. Please.