1. Tim Goodwin

Tim Goodwin Banned

New to all things writing

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tim Goodwin, Oct 30, 2015.

Want to say hi to everyone and that I am just getting into writing on a serious level. Have been writing childrens stories and stories for teens for some time but never did anything with them. Don't know how to I suppose. So thought I woould come here and get some advice. Well, thanks for having me and I look forward to getting to know some of you. If someone would let me know how to proceed from here that would be great. Later.

2. ManOrAstroMan

ManOrAstroMan Magical Space Detective Contributor

Welcome to the party!

3. Tim Goodwin

Tim Goodwin Banned

Thank you very much for the welcome. So, how and/or where do I go from here?

4. ManOrAstroMan

ManOrAstroMan Magical Space Detective Contributor

Well, if you're feeling brave, you can wade into the debate forum.
    There are a few writing games you can jump into, like word association, or What Would Your Character Do?
    If you have a question about a particular issue, you can post it in the appropriate section. Character development, setting, plot, research, etc.
    If you want a critique on your work, you have to belong to the forum for a little longer, and offer critiques on other people's work.
    There are also some general discussion threads about things like movies and books.
    Things are pretty well organized, so you should be able to find what you're looking for.

5. Bookster

Bookster Banned

Welcome. Glad you're here.

As with any Internet forum, I think the key to a positive experience here is to spend some time participating in all areas of the forum. Avoid the Debate Room if you like, but try to be a part of the other areas. Answering as well as asking questions is important in the technical threads. Everyone's opinion is useful.

6. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome, @Tim Goodwin!

I suggest you take a look at our New Member Quick Start. It should give you a good overview of what the forum has to offer as well as take you through our rules. :)

Enjoy!

7. Tim Goodwin

Tim Goodwin Banned

I would like to thank all of you who welcomed me and gave such good advice. I will take all of it, put it to use and peruse the forum jumping in where it seems appropriate for now. Once again thank you very much for your time and consideration in this process. Sounds to stuffy huh? Ok, thanks guys for everything, how's that? More better! P.S. Read the rules believe it or not.:supercool:

Komposten likes this.
  8. Adhulari

Adhulari Member

Hello and welcome :)
    As someone who also likes to write children's stories, I'm looking forward to reading some of your work. I hope you enjoy your time here and let us know if there is anything you need.
    Happy writing!

9. Tim Goodwin

Tim Goodwin Banned

Thank you all for your wonderful welcomes and advice. I believe now is the time for me to begin my adventure into the forum world and seek out some fun and knowledge. So I bid the new membership arena adeau and with hope turn to a new horizon. Thank you. PS: Looking forward to reading all of your work in the future.

10. Tim Goodwin

Tim Goodwin Banned

Went to general writing but no one seems to be there. Is there a problem with my posts.