Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlieTheUnicorn13

CharlieTheUnicorn13 New Member

Somewhere in this universe... Is there some reason

Taste of Blood

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CharlieTheUnicorn13, Jan 19, 2008.

Oookay, I wanted to make an RPG. Sorry if this idea's already been used. As far as I know, it hasn't been, but if for whatever reason this game is disapproved, that's okay. I know there are about a million vampire stories out there, but I though this one would be cool. :D

A terrible disease has formed and spread among many animal species. When infected, the animals became vicious, wild, and bloodthirsty. Scientists desperately tried to find a cure, but failed in their attempts. After testing their “cure” on healthy animals, they realized that it had a reverse effect, giving the animal the disease, rather than curing it. They also realized something else: this “cure” not only affected animals, but humans as well.

One night, scientist Leonard Blackburn was infected by this disease, after touching a sample of the cure without gloves or special protection. At first he didn’t notice any change or difference. Then one night, he accidentally cut himself and sucked the blood from the wound. This created an addiction. Every day, he craved blood a little more, until he finally realized that this wasn’t just addiction. It was starvation. While taking a walk, he leaped on top of a stranger and began biting away furiously. He escaped before anyone had a chance to capture him. Days later, the stranger noticed some very odd symptoms…

Quick note: The disease can be transmitted several ways. If the bacteria/virus/thingy of this infection somehow escapes into the body through an opening, the person is infected. For instance, if someone spat on you, and you wiped it with your hand, and touched your face before washing your hands… You get the point. A person only turns into a “vampire” after tasting blood (only human blood). Oh, and after a person has been infected, their blood is useless, and does not provide the nutrition needed to keep a “vampire” alive. Vampires can drink their own blood, but only once. Until they taste blood, they only carry the disease.

My character:
    Name: Stephanie Walter
    Infected/unharmed: Infected
    Appearance: Long blonde hair, green eyes, tall, wears casual clothing
    Bio/History: Stephanie is an average teenaged girl. Her parents work for a cable company. She has a dog. And she just had her first kiss with Todd, her totally hot new boyfriend. One night at dinner, she bit her lip, and it just happened to start bleeding. And she liked the taste…

Something to think about: If the disease infects everyone, where will the “vampires” get their blood? They’ll die without it, so think about it. I already have an idea, but I’ll let others share their ideas.

So. Yeah, that's all.

2. Raven

Raven Banned

Game Approved.

3. PHRiQUE

PHRiQUE New Member

I really like this idea. Similar has been done somewhere, but it’s a tried and true kind of thing anyway. Or maybe I just have an insatiable thing for vampires and various vampiric theories. Either way, you’ve got my attention.

I'm kind of running on the assumption that a carrier--before they taste blood, that is--is perhaps sick, but not otherwise effected by the disease, and a vampire could feed off them. That it's only after a carrier has tasted blood that their blood cannot feed a vampire.

I'd like to hear your idea on the "everyone's infected" issue. Even stocked-up blood banks would run out, and animal blood doesn't cut it, right? So I don't know...P;

I have, however, come up with a fun list of early onset/inactive symptoms. That is, the symptoms of the disease before the infected/carrier tastes blood. So I also have a random obsession with medicine/medical mumbo-jumbo, what of it? :p

So I'm assuming that once the disease is contracted, it attacks the blood first, thereby flowing through the body and advancing quickly. It lowers the white and red count (lowering the ability to fight infections as the white cells do, and causing anemia, as the red cells transport oxygen, etc.) and thickens the blood by raising the platelet count, compromises the immune system, and causes anemia (specifically, the disease would attack the bone marrow, causing aplastic anemia). Therefore, the symptoms would be infarctions--IE, clotting, because of the high platelet count; causing heart attacks, strokes, etc.--vulnerability (to varying degrees, depending on speed and time) to infections and viruses, the aforementioned aplastic anemia (which in itself has these symptoms), and photophobia. Sounds deliciously destructive and cool. And potentially deadly--from a heart attack if nothing else. Heh, I like. :) (Also, if vampires could drink a carrier's blood, it'd work out well, because the blood-letting would lower the carrier's chance of clotting...)

So, just an idea. Like them or not, I'd be glad to participate. Great fun, great exorcise. TTYS. :) (ETA--somehow I left out that I'm working on the characters. So, yeah, adding--I'm working on the characters. XD)

4. Laughter Fading

Laughter Fading New Member

This sounds like a great idea. I'd love to be a part of this, especially if there's vampires, because I've been in love with them ever since I started the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.

Hmm, interesting dillemma...possibly there is a colony of survivors, just a small amount locked away in a corner of the world because their blood type is immune to the disease, but not if exposed long enough to it. But then maybe a coven of vampires finds their little colony and attack them, though they can be attacked more than once without becoming prone to the virus.

I'd like to hear your idea on the subject, CharlieTheUnicorn13.

5. Trevelyan

Trevelyan New Member

Sounds like a good idea. I've always liked the vampire stories myself. I'd like to be a part of it. I'll put my character bio down now. Sorry if it's not quite right, I've read the rules for the RPG's and I think I've gotten them down, but this is my first time. Help is always appreciated. Thanks.

My character:
    Name: William Klockman
    Infected/unharmed: unharmed
    Appearance: Brown hair sun faded over time to almost blonde. Striking cobalt blue eyes. 5foot 11inches tall, 6 foot even when wearing his engineer boots. Build is average, around 170 lbs, some muscle but not a bodybuilder by any means. Clothes are typically an old pair of faded blue jeans, button down shirt and a long brown drover’s coat.
    Bio/History: William was a sheriff’s deputy in a sleepy little town in the middle of nowhere Nevada. Nothing ever happened there for the most part. It was just him and the Sheriff and man named Tod who was 62 and really just came in to sleep. Course, for the longest time, that was all that was needed; till they started showing up.

It started one night when Bill responded to a call about a fight in a bar. When he showed up he found Andy, the town drunk, chewing on an out of towner. There was no better word for it than that. It looked like Andy was trying to get at the man’s insides. Bill shot him with his .45 revolver and thought that was it. Until then next night when the out of towner, who’d been bandaged up and was sleeping at a local hotel, woke up and rampaged through the place tearing everyone in there to shreds.

Bill hunted the guy, whose name he never found out, down and shot him. Before he did though he saw that the man’s teeth were stained with blood and he was acting the same way as Andy had. That’s when Bill knew what was going on. There was an old Indian woman who would come in to the station every weekend to sweep up. While she was there she would tell him stories, about many things really, but sitting there looking at the man he’d just shot he could think of only one. She use to tell him about creatures that looked like and once where men, but had been changed to feast off of blood. He knew what to do then.

He’d set all the bodies of those that had been infected into the torn up hotel and lit it on fire. Then he’d packed up what little possessions he needed and headed out. There was no family to miss him and the Sheriff would just think he’d heard the call of the road. The fire was put out and called a wiring malfunction and no more was said. That’s how things are done in little towns like that. As for Bill he’s been looking for others like him to help fight what’s coming. He’d thought he’d saved at least one town till he picked up a newspaper a couple of weeks later. Big as could be, the headline read, “Small town site of strange massacre, massive fire. No survivors.” Bill would always remember that day, it was the same day he pledged to stop this thing or die trying.

6. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

This game hasn't had activity for several months. Right now, it is probably classified as gamemasterless. If anyone is willing to completely take control of this story and get it running again, feel free, but otherwise, this game is probably a dead one.

7. Trevelyan

Trevelyan New Member

D'oh! I read the dates wrong. I was thinking this thread was more recent than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.