1. violetinsideme

violetinsideme Active Member

Sharpen this tool

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by violetinsideme, Oct 28, 2010.

I have spent a significant amount of time on this sight today reading and reading and reading. I have reviewed some things, but not well enough. I HAVE to learn to be better at reviewing...I want to. I want to be able to view my own stuff differently and I know reviewing is condusive to that. I have read all the links, I need more... evidently I need to sharpen my tool. HAHA! So, anyone willing to help me, I am open to. Thank you.

2. Naiyn

Naiyn New Member

Well, without having read your reviews first hand, I'd say for starters keep doing what you're doing. Read, read some more, and try a few more reviews and you'll more than likely end up at least somewhat close to where you want to be.

You've clearly got a great attitude and are willing to learn. Getting good at reviews is a process that just takes practice. While I've done about a dozen or so, and have a long way to go to get where I want to be, I do see improvement.

I know this isn't very specific, and I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I think reviewing-- like writing-- is a matter of individual style.

3. violetinsideme

Thank you for you positivity. I will continue to read, which obviously I love to do... cliche'...practice, practice, practice. Here I go...

4. Idearella

Idearella New Member

Make sure you rest too. If you practice using a hammer for 24 hours, you're going to get better but at some point the return on your time investment will diminish dramatically.

If the doctor gives you some pill to take every day for a month, you're not going to get well by taking all of them in one day. Your brain works the same way. Practice a little, rest a little, have some fun, and go back and practice some more.

5. violetinsideme

Yes, I definately had to do that. I awoke again this morning with the same vigor and jumped right back into it. I appreciate your suggestion very much . Thank You.