1. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Health / Fitness =]

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dushechka, Oct 9, 2007.

As I was having my lovely late night walk, I was wondering something:
    What do you guys do for your daily dose of physical fitness? How healthy would you categorize yourself? Any nifty tips?

Personally, over the past month I've tried to be a more active person, mostly by running around / lame 80's exercise videos. : p As far as healthy eating goes or whatnot, I probably eat out once every 3 months, and I rarely have junk food except for "special" occasions. : )

2. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

I go to the gym weekly. I eat out approximately 2 times a week (mostly weekends) and rarely get fastfood. As for my daily exercise I would have to say it is running around after my 4 yr old :D
    Overall I think I am a healthy person

3. Frost

Frost Active Member

In a bit of a lull at the moment, holidays. At school I did:

Gym 1-3 times a week depending on how motivated i was that week
    1 rugby training, 1 game
    boarding house life 24/7(this is hardwork)

next term ill be doing:

cricket training x2
    cricket game 1-2 depending
    gym 1-3 times a week

In the holidays I've been doing my usual routine of 50 sit ups and push ups once every couple of days.

But yeah, as for diet, it's not that great but does the job.

4. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I run two mile every Saterday and Sunday.

For the rest of the week, I just don't bother.

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I do too little excercise, really... The most I do is rowing on wednesday afternoons, which is fun because I like water :) (though the Thames is a bit...putrid, really).

I do walk around a lot though. I'm very restless, and if I'm on the phone (which I frequently am) then I'll wander around, or walk around the exterior of a room or something :D It's fun being crazy :p

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well my excercise consists of running around after my 2 and 3 year old children. Playing chasey with them, playing crazy games with them all day long.

I don't get much of a chance to go do any other kind of excercise really. I do have a small workout I do every day just to stay in shape though. I can't do weights due to back injuries so it makes it a little hard for me in one aspect, but I have excercises I do to strengthen my back and all that.

I wouldn't say I am the healthiest person at all, but I am not unhealthy. I can keep up with my kids so that is the main thing. :p

7. Banzai

I'd imagine kids are about all the exercise you'd need, Torana...

8. Torana

LOL yeah that is what I think :p

But running around after them doesn't keep my body toned. :D

9. Nadala

Nadala Banned

My excerize, turn the page read a few paragraphs get up to check up on my girls sit down coffee, smoke cancer candidate, my bad

10. rml8607

rml8607 New Member

There is a nice hiking/biking trail about ten minutes from my apartment, so I drag my hubby there a few times a week. I like being outdoors rather than getting on a treadmill

11. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

what daily dose???... i'm a writer... writers don't walk or exercise... writers sit...

How healthy would you categorize yourself?

at 69, healthier than most at 40, i suspect, not having any major probs other than a bad back from a fall years ago... haven't had to go to a doctor more than 3 times in well over a dozen years... and even then, not for anything serious...

do good [= help others any way you can] and don't eat any fellow animals or drink anything alcoholic or smoke anything or use any mind/behavior-altering substances... since i've been doing/not doing all that, i've been the healthiest i ever was in my entire life... even my fingernails are perfect and beautiful now!

12. mypensmysoul

mypensmysoul New Member

I'll be honest, I'd rate myself probably only a 6 or 7 on the healthiness scale...

My diet is terrible.My mom doesn't cook very often, my dad never does, my grandpa physically cant, and the best i can do is a mean bowl of cereal.

So what I typically do is eat a healthy breakfast -Cheerios w/ skim milk and a crappy lunch and a crappier dinner.

My excercise isn't too bad -at work all I do is walkwalkwalk and liftliftlift for my 4-8 hour shift.
    However, I'm quitting my job and starting monday morning (last day sunday) i'm running 3x a week, weight training 2x, pilates 2x, and horseback riding 1x.

I also plan to eat a little healthier... :p

13. Frost

Frost Active Member

Careful love. That's quite an intense routine. You'll run youreslf down, especially if your diet isn't really, really good.

14. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Right now I don't do a hell of a lot of exercise... I do pilates for about half an hour two times a week and that's it. It's quite poor really because I used to go for a run every morning and stuff and now i'm very physically unfit.

My diet's quite bad too. I don't tend to eat junk food at all (crisps, chocolate, fizzy pop etc) but I don't eat really healthy meals either.

I tend to have a jacket potato with cheese for dinner when i'm at school and a small meal when I get in (too many chips if mum cooks) and at the weekends I have crackers or something for dinner and a proper healthier meal later.

I probably get take out too much (chinese) because mum often doesn't do me dinner and doesn't get food in. Often 2/3 times in maybe 15 days.

15. Banzai

I'm so cooking you something healthy :p (Which won't really happen, because at the moment my culinary skills seem to be limited to bacon sandwiches, which aren't exactly healthy...:p)

16. Kit

Lmao... nope but at least it'll mean you're here and i'm not having to cook :D

17. Banzai

Lol. I'm sure you're a great cook. Your repetoire is certainly bigger than mine :D But I agree with me being there part...

18. mypensmysoul

mypensmysoul New Member

I dont think I'll wear myself out to terribly; believe me I'm tough... I wake up, go to school all day long, work 4 or 5 hours, come home and do homework, shower, sleep, and do it over again. I really push myself, and I am wearing down, but without 5 hours of work a day taking my time, this (hopefully) will seem like cake, especially because I did actually gain some muscle mass and drop a few pounds from just all my working -I'm not kidding, you wouldn't believe the amount of manual labor a waitress/buser does until you've actually done it.

As far as my diet goes, its getting alittle worse. I'm pretty self concious about my body, like most teenage girls, and i'm not eating a lot. Mostly it's been a plain bagel, skim milk, cheerios, and maybe a couple of slices of bacon a day. I wont lie, the weights dropping pretty quickly, I'm shocked, really.

But I'm not stupid, with my high standards for myself, I cant afford to not have energy, and as soon as I start working out and actually have time to read a cookbook, I will start eating more again and eat healthier.

(The reason I'm not eating much, btw, is because I have an event coming up soon that I simply have to look good for. I promised myself.)

i'm excited though, I can't wait to be healthy (er).

19. Frost

Frost Active Member

That thing about not eating much except for carbs and bacon is dangerous. Not only that, but the minute you start taking in every a balanced diet, you'll put weight back on for a while. Stick with the healthy diet though and you will be fine.

20. Torana

Also I have an excersice bike so I rest my laptop on it and give my legs excersice for about an hour or so every day or two when things are quiet.

21. Kit

That's a really good idea! We used to have an exercise bike and I used to just sit on it for like 2 hrs a day on saturday and sunday and half an hour on weekdays whilst reading. Then mum decided that it took up too much room - silly woman!

22. Torana

I know lol excersice the body and mind at the same time I am sooooooo clever lol :p