1. Miss Red

Miss Red Member

Say hello to the new idiot!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Miss Red, Sep 17, 2014.

Hello awesome faces! My pen name is Carol.
    I've been writing since my early teens, but only in the recent years did I start taking what I write seriously.

Now on to the big wall of text! *O*

In all honesty, I've had a horrible experience with multiple forums across the internet, over several years. At first, I began in the wrong kind of forum, then I just didn't seem to fit in. I was too young over there, too old in the other direction, and anywhere else I go trying to look for fellow humans my age, I find that they're painfully lacking in the writing department, with most of their textual language riddled with idk, gtg, brb and lolz.

It's hard to relate to people my age, they all seem to be in college, or furiously trying to flirt their way through the computer monitor. I want to relate to other writers, but I always feel so young and naïve around them. Every one seems to be married or having kids or something else similar.
    There are a few benefits of living introverted and feeling like one of those cool outcasts in the movies, (like Batman,) like having a resilience to solitude and plowing through work with out worrying about others missing you.

But every once in a while, my pride is humbled every time I realize how lonely this career is. I'm looking for a place where the people understand when I complain about writing. Who struggle through the same things I do. About feeling sick of writing, about feeling guilty about feeling sick about writing, about finding that perfect name that evades us every time.

*shrugs*

Regardless, It's been fun. I write fanfiction and I take fanfiction seriously. It's a good practice. I draw inspiration from a Japanese anime/manga called Vampire Knight, and from the Batman Arkham game franchise.

I'm a big supporter of the LGBT community, and I've been trying to incorporate some of those untapped dramas, struggles and other ideas into my writing.
    I've been doing a lot of research on European and Asian culture, for several (serious, cool, crime riddled, better then Twilight,) vampire/dark fantasy novels I've been working on this year.
    So far, I haven't published anything. I plan to publish digitally to Smashwords. : P
    I don't know what I'm looking for here, or what I hope to find. I guess I just need somewhere to come crawl and hide when I don't feel like writing. If any one is curious, I'll be 21 in December.

I'm trying Writing.com, but I feel too shy there. I tried various roleplay websites, but I just don't collaborate well. I tried Writer's Café, but I found the interface obtuse. Every where else? They feel like venues for my writing, not for a casual chat between writers.
    But yeah.
    Just thought I would drop by to see what's going on. I have free stories in other places, but they're largely unfinished and could do with some re-working, plus, almost all of them are adult rated homo-romantic slash fics. Everything else I'm saving for the future, and I'm trying to work on right now.

So here it goes. : )
    On one and one in real time, I'm a lot funnier and friendlier. I try to take a lot into account when introducing myself, being up front with the big stuff and trying to impress with a lot of words. Plus, there's still a lot I'd like to share. Hopefully, this will bring us to a good start.

ALSO, I already read the rules, faq and new member guide. A lot of moderators and admins from where I come from were always pushy with newbs. Like we're dumb stupids who can't tell the difference between forks and chainsaws and had to be locked in the Stupids holding room. (Which is rude and annoying at best, a little prejudice at worst.)
    But yeah. Just getting that out of the way.

Om nom nom.

cydney, Marle and matwoolf like this.
  2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, Carol, and welcome to the forum! As a moderator here, it's usually my job to ask new members to read the rules and the New Member Guide - I'm glad you've already done so! We try not to be pushy with newbs, and we don't consider them dumb stupids, but a great many of them join and immediately start violating the rules, simply because they never thought to read them. They usually turn out well, though. :)

That's a nice, big, detailed intro post. You'll find a lot of members here in your age range, and some even younger. Many love writing fanfiction. You'll fit right in! This is a great forum for writers. Participate and have fun! :)

3. Lilly James Haro

Lilly James Haro The Grey Warden

Hello Carol, welcome to the forums :)
    I'm sorry that you have had such a bad experience with other forums and I hope you have a better time at this one.

I think you'll be happy to know that there are people of all ages around here from around 13 onward so I'm sure you'll be able to find people your age. (I had the same problem as I was 15 when I started seriously writing at the end of last year but after searching many forums I ended up stumbling across this one)

Also you should be at home here when it comes to your interests as there are many other anime/manga fans and fanfiction writers around here for you to chat with. All in all, I hope you have a good time on the forums :)

4. Miss Red

Miss Red Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, Minstrel and Lilly James! I'm glad for the hellos. I can't wait to get started exploring.

Lilly James Haro and minstrel like this.
  5. daemon

daemon Contributor Contributor

Hello, new idiot! I am the old idiot. Nice to meet you.

Miss Red and Lilly James Haro like this.
  6. Joshua A

Joshua A Member

I'm also a new idiot! I actually really like that phrasing, haha. From what I've gathered(being new) these guys are really good! Of course...we gotta do their rules. But then! Rules are in place for a reason, and the reasoning they've made these are actually sound *and* valid, haha. But I hope you can find someone in your niche --I understand too well what you mean.

Miss Red likes this.
  7. Miss Red

Miss Red Member

Hello, old idiot. :rofl: Nice to meet you Daemon.
    Hello Joshua! :D
    Nice to meet a fellow new idiot. I get what you mean. Thank you for the message. : )
    -

Thanks for the welcome guys.

8. Jakv6

Jakv6 Member

Hey, Carol. Glad you could make it. I'm finding LGBT issues to be more and more at the forefront of writing at the moment. I've even tried to incorporate them into my work but, not being LGBT myself, it is a little difficult.