1. Ramblling

Ramblling New Member

Angst/Romace...

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Ramblling, May 13, 2008.

Never actually written a romace/angst sort of story, and never dived into this area of cliche's. But heres the idea =

Starts off in the 20th century, bunch of year 8's in maths, bord sh!tless as you can imagine. Smoke, lights and mirrors, a wizard/evil character sha'bangs his way into the 20th century, in their class. (Not by some random chance) He walkes around, going from kid to kid...well early teen to early teen (Have had too many 13 year olds tell me their not kids anymore...) Looking/Searching their souls/hearts and he names a breed of dog &/or a doggei ancestor. (Dingo, wolf, fox)

Sp he says a few rymhing words, peom and riddle. And each teen in the class black's out; the teacher through this can either be killed, or too afraid to move. When they wake, the breed of dog he named is what they become, and their in the tolkien setting. The strongest kid in the class, she puts them in their right minds. Has alot of knowledge about animals, reads fantasy and living in the bush inst a new thing to her.
    (Ill get to why she's the one to step forward)

They eventully split off into 3 packs, live for seven years in this style(Their humans trapped in dogs bodies, human souls last longer) The girl who orginaly took charge, was killed or taken away by hunters/traders. Returns one night when two of her former mates are attacked by a bear/cougar. Beats the cougar/bear, but is badly torn, cut, bashed, broken boned, dying state.

WHY ITS THE GIRL = She's broad shouldered but not the skinny hot type, not the muscle type, got a bit of a gut and is a good fighter because she learnt how to throw her weight around without falling. Living out of town on a truck station, she calls fun this - 'Theres nothing betetr than grabben' the dogs and running off into the bush to chase down some cows, tease em' enough until they charge! Hell good, ay!' Also has fun in chasing and picking up snakes, chasing lizards, sleeping under a tree on a cool afternoon, going for a bush walkes bare-footed through spinifex and is more or less a tom boy. Not stubborn and couldnt care less what others thought of her, people would joke about her being heavy (She tall so its not the 'I cant put a shirt on without lossing it somehwere in my fat roles' type. - (No offense to anyone)

The two saved ones, take her back to their now grown out pack. One, however, stays at her side, hardly eating, for the entire time she heals. (Yeah, its a guy who stays)

BUT the end, seems a bit too...not dramatic end...to suttle. The orginal end wa, she healed, and the guy dog and her feel in love. (Yes, dogs i know, but human souls)

I have a few options...

#1 = They do fall in love eventurly, but the wizard/evil character comes back and threatens to kill the guy, girl full on tries to take him, but dies.

...OK, I got nothing else at the moment...

So, my real question; besides how to end it with angst, is, is it too cliche?

2. Daniel W

Daniel W New Member

Hmm.. I can't actually imagine being bored in maths. I quite enjoy it.

I think the plot is a bit... strange, and i doubt it would get very far. But, if you write it well, I'm sure it could be pretty good, but the dogs will need to talk to make it more interesting.

I think a good ending would be to have them changed back into humans, and they live happily ever after while looking after the other dogs. Perhaps the cure to being a dog was to fall in love? And of course, the other dogs weren't falling in love, so they never get to be human again.

3. Ramblling

Ramblling New Member

yeah i know, and the dogs can speak plain english...or more plainly, can understand each other though barks/ sounds/ growls, things like that.

Live happily ever after, oh, ok, never fully understood that. The falling in love part, that could work...then someone has to die...(Lol, sorry, to me, angst and romance comes into the darker section without the real shadow and darkness)

4. Smithy

Smithy New Member

I don't really understand why someone HAS to die. Explain again the part about shadows and darkness please?

5. Daniel W

Daniel W New Member

I've had another idea. This story could turn out to be the type of disney fairytale sort of story. It could work like that, and be aimed at younger children.
    As long as you write it well, it could to quite well. Maybe even be made into a movie by disney.

6. Ramblling

Ramblling New Member

o.o...never thought of it like that...

He-he, just to me that when something ends tragically, the MC ussaly dies or his/her lover. Or thats what ive seen.